The Vikings could end up with the #1 pick

Uncle Buck

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not so sure you actually believed what you typed in the OP either, more so wishful/hopeful thinking on your part trying to get to the Lawrence sweepstake.  Just saying Buck. 🍺

At the time, I actually thought we had a shot at it.  We started out playing two very ugly games and we had what looked like it was going to be a very tough schedule.  I thought the Lions would be better than they are and figured we could very possibly lose all of our division games.  We were going with two rookie CBs, and Mike Hughes, who has always had injury.  On the D-line, we were (and still are) missing Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce, and Everson Griffin is playing elsewhere.  It looked like a very depleted squad on defense, and on offense, we have the always unpredictable Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook who is good, but who gets hurt a lot, and I figured there would be a bigger drop-off from Stefon Diggs to Justin Jefferson Jefferson than there has been for at least a year.

I will be the first to admit that there was also a big dose of wishful/hopeful thinking when I wrote the OP, but it is what it is.  It doesn't surprise me that we are out of the running for #1 at this point.  About, all I can do is hope we can find a way to sneak into the playoffs, but we have our work cut out for us after the slow 2-5 start.  We'll see.   

Edited by Uncle Buck

On 11/13/2020 at 7:58 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

But what do you do in 2018? Bridgewater missed that entire season.  Re-sign Keenum and hope for the best? Keenum threw for fewer TDs and doubled his INTs in 2018.  It was for Denver, but nothing in Keenum's history suggests that his 2017 was not his high mark, and that was what was holding the Vikings back. 

I think you're timeline is off.  Bridgewater was healthy by the end of Keenum's season with the vikings.  The could have signed him and started him the next season if they wanted to

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think you're timeline is off.  Bridgewater was healthy by the end of Keenum's season with the vikings.  The could have signed him and started him the next season if they wanted to

My bad.  I just looked at his 0 games played and I thought that he was still out.  

On 11/14/2020 at 1:21 PM, Uncle Buck said:

At the time, I actually thought we had a shot at it.  We started out playing two very ugly games and we had what looked like it was going to be a very tough schedule.  I thought the Lions would be better than they are and figured we could very possibly lose all of our division games.  We were going with two rookie CBs, and Mike Hughes, who has always had injury.  On the D-line, we were (and still are) missing Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce, and Everson Griffin is playing elsewhere.  It looked like a very depleted squad on defense, and on offense, we have the always unpredictable Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook who is good, but who gets hurt a lot, and I figured there would be a bigger drop-off from Stefon Diggs to Justin Jefferson Jefferson than there has been for at least a year.

I will be the first to admit that there was also a big dose of wishful/hopeful thinking when I wrote the OP, but it is what it is.  It doesn't surprise me that we are out of the running for #1 at this point.  About, all I can do is hope we can find a way to sneak into the playoffs, but we have our work cut out for us after the slow 2-5 start.  We'll see.   

They should be 7-5 - only possible hiccup being Carolina, but that would still be surprising, albeit in line with losing at home to Atlanta.

Meanwhile, the Rams and Cardinals will play each other twice and Seattle again. I thought the NFC playoff teams were set but IMO the Vikings are in great shape to make the playoffs

• Like 1