The Vikings could end up with the #1 pick

Uncle Buck

I hope they are able to have an auditorium full of people for next year's draft.  It would be hilarious to hear the reaction of angry Jets fans if they do have the #1 pick and the team passes on Lawrence.  No offense to any of the Jets fans on this board.  It has just become somewhat of a tradition to hear Jets fans boo their team's selection.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know how anyone bets against the Jets at this point, and frankly I'd have several other teams before I get to the Vikings, despite the atrocious start. 

Yeah but the thing is do the Jets bail on Sam Darnold for Lawrence or realize that Adam Gase is ruining a potential franchise QBs career.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah but the thing is do the Jets bail on Sam Darnold for Lawrence or realize that Adam Gase is ruining a potential franchise QBs career.

100% they do. They've already wasted his rookie deal and he hasn't shown nearly enough to bypass Lawrence. 

I'd also be willing to wager that darnold has some moderate trade value still. Maybe a day two pick

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

DEN - plays @NYJ Week 4 TNF, plays vs. MIA Week 7, plays @CAR week 13.    Won't have Lock for first 2 games there.

NYJ - does it matter who they play right now?  But FTR, they do play MIA back to back around the bye, and host DEN TNF week 4.

CAR - plays vs. DET week 11, @MIN week 12, vs. DEN week 13

Now, DEN doesn't belong on this list if Lock returns, but that's not a given at all.   These would seem to be the top 4 teams - but yes, MIN is for sure in the discussion.  The only major change that could improve MIN is Danielle Hunter's return from IR after Week 3.   

The jets might get some wins because the other team will refuse to play on their field.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still think Darnold likely will succeed once separated from Gase (I mean, every other player with even a little talent has done it lol).....but I'd run to the podium to get Trevor 1.1.  

No, I don't think so. Cousins isn't bad enough that they can't win less than 5 games. It's only been two weeks following a nutty start to the season. You almost have to throw September out of the equation. The Vikings can still turn their season around, and even make the playoffs. Especially now with another wild card spot in the mix. 

12 hours ago, Chargers said:

Watch Trevor Lawrence return for his senior season.

I think people forget - this is exactly what Andrew Luck did when Carolina landed the top pick in the draft. Cam still proved to be worthy of #1, but it was still a shocker at the time.

• Like 1