2020 Week Three GDT Steelers vs. Texans

Steeler Hitman

12 hours ago, 43M said:

One long run skewed the stats.   

I get that. And I get the criticism of the run game. But it is rather interesting. Is it due to dedication to having a bell cow, a sign of injuries, or maybe teams using multiple backs the way they would in PS normally? Not sure because like usual Dulac didn’t put context to why he made this comment. 

17 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I just don't see how Houston can win this game. Their RBs are terrible, their WRs are terrible, their defense outside of a couple of players is terrible, their coaches are among the worst in the league. I get the whole playing down to  Competition but I feel really call this is going to be different

Agreed, I can see Houston picking in the top 10 after the season. I know they have played the Ravens & Chiefs but I just don't see much on this team outside of Watson and JJ Watt. 

Now do I see a path to us playing down to competition, especially after we are feeling all good about ourselves for starting 2-0? That's a different story.  

• Like 1

Dulac says what he's told to say. He doesn't provide context because that's not the point.

I don't know why people expect some great run game, anyway. The run game was awful last year and it's only succeeding this year because like in previous years, the opposing defenses are playing pass first. I'd like to see more of Watt on the field myself, but they aren't going to be some dominant run team.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, 43M said:

Good write up, except the "give Danny Smith a break" part.    He had been horrid for years.   One game don't change that.

😄🤪😅  I am not saying give him a pass for all of the previous head butting that he makes us do. However, you gotta give credit where it is due.  Our special teams played one of the better all around games that they have "as a unit" in quite some time. They were definitely better prepared than they were week one and did some good things. That's all I am saying. He hasn't made me forget former ST Coach Bobby April. 😄😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Dulac says what he's told to say. He doesn't provide context because that's not the point.

I don't know why people expect some great run game, anyway. The run game was awful last year and it's only succeeding this year because like in previous years, the opposing defenses are playing pass first. I'd like to see more of Watt on the field myself, but they aren't going to be some dominant run team.

I dont expect or care if we are dominant, but I certainly dont think its a good idea to essentially give up on the run game by halftime, either.

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

sounds like Decastro is good to play this week

He should be a big lift to the overall line. Dotson played really well, but we gameplanned a lot of help for him. If he needed it remains to be seen, but DDC won't require that. Should free up Pouncey to move around a little faster. I expect a big day on the ground. 

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is going to be a mess. Don't laugh too hard at the Texans...

I think it's going to be a good game. The Texans have played the two best teams in the AFC to start. The Steelers have beaten two of the worst. Deshaun Watson is a stud, the WR core is good. David Johnson isn't completely washed. The Defense still has JJ Watt and some tough pass rushers. I definitely don't think this is going to be a blowout. 

• Like 1