2020 Week Three GDT Steelers vs. Texans

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We should just have Ben call all the plays like they used to do back in the day. 

If I were Coach T, I would tell Randy that every play he calls should be a pass play with a kill to a run and let Ben make the call at the line the way Peyton used to get.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If I were Coach T, I would tell Randy that every play he calls should be a pass play with a kill to a run and let Ben make the call at the line the way Peyton used to get.

Ben will never kill. That’s why 2018 was like 75/25 with a lot of empty yards and awful situational. Give ben a good count and 2 high on first down he still goes “ya know what? I got this”  

But I do agree though. Goes back to my not knowing who we are thing (now thinking I may have never actually sent that post?). I’d rather ya just pick something and commit to it, even if I ultimately think it’s a bad thing. But Randy’s just sooooo bad at scouting, play planning, and play calling that I’m willing to do whatever it takes to limit that. 

Just give Ben full control and lets just accept what comes with that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

But Randy’s just sooooo bad at scouting, play planning, and play calling that I’m willing to do whatever it takes to limit that

I didn't read through this thread to see the gripes, but outside a few playcalls (the 2-19 run, the bombs away approach on short distance possession downs which will always bother me) I thought this was a solid game from him.

Some of this stuff goes back to Haley (the deep shots on short yards to go). Which makes me think it's a Ben and/or Tomlin thing. After the first possession of the second half, there wasn't much urgency on offense in the second half. They were hoping the defense settled down after that three and out and luckily they did.

Edited by CKSteeler

9 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Really curious what's going to happen next week. Steelers have historically struggled with Tennessee no matter who they trot out there. Same with Jacksonville who I will also fear later in the year regardless of their record.

right now I'm not all that optimistic about that match-up. I can actually see it getting ugly tbh we always have a bad early season lose

Edited by August4th

14 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Really curious what's going to happen next week. Steelers have historically struggled with Tennessee no matter who they trot out there. Same with Jacksonville who I will also fear later in the year regardless of their record.

Well there’s videos of fans stomping on the Terrible Towel so gtd win. 

15 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

i'm hoping for a competitive game but you guys are gonna demolish us if our defense doesn't improve dramatically. our offense can give anyone trouble but we've legit looked like a bottom-5 defense the past couple weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

with Lewan out, is everyone expecting Dupree to have one of his better games?  I can't see why not, Tannehil like to roll out play action and that plays right into the speed we have on the edge.   I think our defensive front wins that battle unless they let henry get a few good runs early.