PFF Grades

HTTRDynasty

Well hopefully MKnight can finally maybe agree we need to draft a FS before the 8th round because it’s actually hurting this amazing out of world front 7. You know your my guy knight but that 38 is hurting this defense a lot for not being important

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Well hopefully MKnight can finally maybe agree we need to draft a FS before the 8th round because it’s actually hurting this amazing out of world front 7. You know your my guy knight but that 38 is hurting this defense a lot for not being important

Never said we didn't need to draft a safety, but spending a first rounder on one is not my idea of ideal resource management.  

Btw, Apke may suck but he's costing us $925k against the cap this year.  Landon Collins has does absolutely nothing and he counts $14.2 mil against our cap this year.  Landon Collins is a bigger problem than Apke.

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Never said we didn't need to draft a safety, but spending a first rounder on one is not my idea of ideal resource management.  

Btw, Apke may suck but he's costing us $925k against the cap this year.  Landon Collins has does absolutely nothing and he counts $14.2 mil against our cap this year.  Landon Collins is a bigger problem than Apke.

I’m just messing with you bud. Collins is almost to the point where we’re probably about to let him be our WLB because Curl is showing he can cover the TE’s and he can tackle and lurks well in the box. I know Collins costs a lot but man your literally one of the smartest posters here; bud you know saying he does absolutely nothing isn’t true.

He’s just a box player. He maybe doesn’t fit the passing style league but I promise he is going to earn his keep here when this defense gels you can already see from week one too week two their moving guys and seeing where they are making plays and where their struggling. he’s never going to look good in the deep or outside flats. But man whatever is in front look out because he’s constantly around the ball. I think having Fuller back who has a nose for the ball will be huge

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m just messing with you bud. Collins is almost to the point where we’re probably about to let him be our WLB because Curl is showing he can cover the TE’s and he can tackle and lurks well in the box. I know Collins costs a lot but man your literally one of the smartest posters here; bud you know saying he does absolutely nothing isn’t true.

He’s just a box player. He maybe doesn’t fit the passing style league but I promise he is going to earn his keep here when this defense gels you can already see from week one too week two their moving guys and seeing where they are making plays and where their struggling. he’s never going to look good in the deep or outside flats. But man whatever is in front look out because he’s constantly around the ball. I think having Fuller back who has a nose for the ball will be huge

I get that he's good in the box.  But giving big money to a box safety is like spending a first round pick in MLB on the next Mike Trout, only to not have the offense develop but get a Gold Glove caliber CF.  Is that a good player?  Yeah, a Gold Glove CF is a good piece to a team, but it's only complementary.  You aren't resetting the market to get a glove-first player in MLB, just like you shouldn't reset the market in the NFL for a safety who is a liability in coverage.  

Also, while I use PFF grades, I take them with a massive grain of salt.  If I use them to evaluate a player, I use a three-year average.  With KPL being rated that high despite his struggles in coverage, I have a big issue with whoever is watching and grading our players.  Same with Darby being rated that high.  Inman being 64th is also highly questionable. 

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, while I use PFF grades, I take them with a massive grain of salt.  If I use them to evaluate a player, I use a three-year average.  With KPL being rated that high despite his struggles in coverage, I have a big issue with whoever is watching and grading our players.  Same with Darby being rated that high.  Inman being 64th is also highly questionable. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup. Anyone who grades Moreland poorly is not good IMHO (*)

(*) it's a joke. I know he can have poor plays. He's a 2nd year guy getting his first extended playtime at the outside. At times, I expect him to get beat or try to prevent the homerun play but give up the 3rd yard pass instead.

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That third and one play is barely coverage.  That is like covering a sweep to the outside.  Good tackle though.  I think the lack of TEs helped his coverage grade this week though.  I still saw him out of position quite a bit.  I am still taking these with a grain of salt.  No one is vetting who is grading players for PFF as far as their football knowledge goes.  

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Anyone who grades Moreland poorly is not good IMHO (*)

(*) it's a joke. I know he can have poor plays. He's a 2nd year guy getting his first extended playtime at the outside. At times, I expect him to get beat or try to prevent the homerun play but give up the 3rd yard pass instead.

I think someone confused the grades for Moreland and Darby IMO 

giphy.gif

• Like 1