RaidersAreOne

Have the 49ers been hit by the injury bug the hardest in league history?

On 9/21/2020 at 7:30 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

No probably not. 1990 Week 12 Redskins at Eagles. The Redskins had 9 players leave the game with injury, including starting QB Jeff Rutledge and their backup Stan Humphries. Mark Rypien was the main starter, but had already been sidelined with injury earlier in the year. I can't imagine losing 9 players in a game. 

There have been other teams that had a boatload of injuries throughout the year that we're all probably just forgetting. 

That is referred to as the body bag game by eagles fans. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 3:30 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

No probably not. 1990 Week 12 Redskins at Eagles. The Redskins had 9 players leave the game with injury, including starting QB Jeff Rutledge and their backup Stan Humphries. Mark Rypien was the main starter, but had already been sidelined with injury earlier in the year. I can't imagine losing 9 players in a game. 

There have been other teams that had a boatload of injuries throughout the year that we're all probably just forgetting. 

GB in 2010 won the superbowl despite losing the 4th most day 1 starters to injury in league history, which were heavily stacked on the defensive side of the ball. 

Borderline comical injury numbers carried on for the rest of Mike McCarthy's tenure, then magically seem to have come to a halt since he was replaced by Matt Lafleur. We're in a bit of an outlier season but it's worth keeping an eye on with the Cowboys over the course of the year. 

The Eagles have it pretty bad too, as usual... their OL has been decimated. But those Niners injuries are REALLY top heavy

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

Watch the Giants somehow contrive to lose anyway.

It's not going to be "somehow". The giants are going to lose to the better team 

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Gmen pretty banged up as well but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to lose this game against the Niners backups.

Edited by Shockwave

This year has been terrible for injuries. I'm frustrated that pretty much the Browns entire back 7 is injured. Couldn't imagine what Niners fans feel like.

It's hard for me to think of a season more brutal than this. Gad.

A lot of our favorite players not even going to play this year. This is not good for fans and the game, unfortunately. 

16 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

You say this like it would be a surprise.

14 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

This year has been terrible for injuries. I'm frustrated that pretty much the Browns entire back 7 is injured. Couldn't imagine what Niners fans feel like.

Once the doctors prescribe the meds, you hardly feel a thing