Which quarterback has the worst offensive setup?

TOUCAN

It's unbelievable how poor Sam's supporting cast is considering he was the #3 pick and is in year 3. How do you do not make every effort to get him help? Sooner you do, the sooner you can see whether or not he is a franchise QB for you. At this rate it's hard to make any real judgement on him, maybe 2 QBs in the league wouldn't look like crap on New York. Gase has to go, and with that I would think the new coach will want a new QB especially if Jets are in position for Lawrence, rather than pick up Darnold's 5th year option. Unfortunate for him. 

37 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's unbelievable how poor Sam's supporting cast is considering he was the #3 pick and is in year 3. How do you do not make every effort to get him help? Sooner you do, the sooner you can see whether or not he is a franchise QB for you. At this rate it's hard to make any real judgement on him, maybe 2 QBs in the league wouldn't look like crap on New York. Gase has to go, and with that I would think the new coach will want a new QB especially if Jets are in position for Lawrence, rather than pick up Darnold's 5th year option. Unfortunate for him. 

It won't be unfortunate for him when he gets to leave New York. It would probably save his career.

This place is cursed.

I think once Joe Douglas finally has a non-COVID offseason to really improve the team it’ll turn around. If I’m the Jets I definitely pick up Darnold’s 5th year option. They addressed the offense some this season with Becton and Mims. Given another draft dedicated to improving the OL and weapons, they should be in a respectable spot. Especially if they get the #1 pick. They can either trade Darnold or trade their top pick for an incredible ransom.

That all said the answer to the OP question is certainly the Jets, I feel bad for Darnold for sure. Considering he might be on the trading block, I wonder what teams might be in the market for him. He’s still young. He’s about 6 months younger than Joe Burrow. A team drafting for him would be getting only a freshly turned 24 year old QB. Russell Wilson and Carson Palmer were 24 and 25 year old rookie QBs respectively.

So considering his NFL experience, I wonder who might be interested and what they might be willing to spend to acquire him. Would have to think a late 1st round pick wouldn’t be out of the question.

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Maybe Adam Gase. Tannehill looking like dynamite in Tennessee doesn't bode well for his former coach. 

Plus Devante Parker & Kenyan Drake - players specifically in Gase's doghouse, too.   Exploded after Gase and they parted.

And now add Mike Gesicki to the list.....

• Like 1

Between Baker Mayfield being on his 4th HC and offensive system and Darnold's criminal treatment in NY, it's really no wonder why these organizations are so perpetually laughable and poorly run. The Browns have at least surrounded Baker with firepower and a solid OL, but what the Jets have done is criminal.

These QB's may have been awesome, awful, or somewhere in between, but to have not really been given a chance at major success is nothing short of criminal.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Between Baker Mayfield being on his 4th HC and offensive system and Darnold's criminal treatment in NY, it's really no wonder why these organizations are so perpetually laughable and poorly run. The Browns have at least surrounded Baker with firepower and a solid OL, but what the Jets have done is criminal.

These QB's may have been awesome, awful, or somewhere in between, but to have not really been given a chance at major success is nothing short of criminal.

CLE surrounded Baker with talent, but ran a HC/OC carousel.   Hats off to CLE's FO for finding a HC/OC as miserable as Hue Jackson & co....that takes special effort.

NYJ, though, not to be outdone, hired Gase, and then let him have personnel control (at least until Joe Douglas arrived, but the damage was already done).     Gase's ability to evaluate talent is mindblowingly historic.   The dude just tried to trade for Kalen Ballage, a guy 31 other teams wouldn't even keep on their PS  (before we throw Joe Douglas under the bus, let's realize no one is trading for a RB in-season for a 7th unless HC comes in and says "I want that guy").

Sam’s ‘supporting cast’ this week will likely consist of: Chris Herndon, Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios, Frank Gore... That’s it (Anyone else will be a PS addition).

... Now add Adam Gase + a below average OL. As a Jets fan I’m used to not having talent, but that’s an unfathomable level incompetence.

15 hours ago, Drained said:

Can I say Deshaun Watson cause of coaching? Deep threat wazoo and only six deep shots in two games, the Texans last season averaged six in ONE GAME.

Plus he does that “run a circle in the pocket” shuffle every drop back it seems like. I don’t know whether it’s necessary every time or he’s just been psychologically damaged by his lack of help.