Which quarterback has the worst offensive setup?

TOUCAN

54 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Weapons - Cam

OL - Burrow/Watson

overall - Darnold

Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios weren't good enough for the Patriots, yet somehow equate to better starters than the pats have?

The jets starters for this week 3 game are Frank gore, chris Herndon, chris Hogan and Braxton berrios...I'd take Edleman and white over any of those guys.

• Like 2

Patrick Mahomes has it tough.

His best RB is a rookie, and RB2 is UDFA. The TE is old. The OL is a disappointing 1st rounder, a 30+ FA signee and a bunch of nobodies. The WR have no size, some speed but these guys are skinny. Plus, a couple have had some serious off the field issues. Mahomes hurt his leg last year and the team lost 3 out of 4. on top of it all, the fans expect a Super Bowl or MVP every year. It's a mess.;)

1 hour ago, Starless said:

The only thing Cam is really lacking right now is a TE who can threaten as a receiver. He seems to be doing fine with the current crop of WRs/RBs.

I mean, that and the fact for the 123rd consecutive year the Patriots have absolutely zero threat on the outside at WR. I know BB has his philosophy but man it's time to invest some in that group.

Taking Harry over AJ Brown, Sony Michel over Nick Chubb and throwing away a 2nd rounder on Sanu set this offensive skill position group back years.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean, that and the fact for the 123rd consecutive year the Patriots have absolutely zero threat on the outside at WR. I know BB has his philosophy but man it's time to invest some in that group.

Taking Harry over AJ Brown, Sony Michel over Nick Chubb and throwing away a 2nd rounder on Sanu set this offensive skill position group back years.

Giving Cam an 'outside threat' at WR isn't really a priority since the Pats are functionally an offense that operates from the middle of the field outward. That's always been the case, but it's especially true with him at the helm, since the RPO is predicated on reading the actions of LBs and Safeties. 
In Cam's MVP season, his top 'outside threat' at WR was Ted Ginn. Meanwhile Greg Olsen had a career year. 

None of this is to say I wouldn't welcome an AJ Green or Allen Robinson (for the right price) but I think the offense can function just fine without them as long as Cam continues to build trust with the young WRs (which, by the way, was a big reason so many of the guys who came through here during the Brady era flamed out.)

Edited by Starless

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Patrick Mahomes has it tough.

His best RB is a rookie, and RB2 is UDFA. The TE is old. The OL is a disappointing 1st rounder, a 30+ FA signee and a bunch of nobodies. The WR have no size, some speed but these guys are skinny. Plus, a couple have had some serious off the field issues. Mahomes hurt his leg last year and the team lost 3 out of 4. on top of it all, the fans expect a Super Bowl or MVP every year. It's a mess.;)

ha ha

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

And Deebo Samuel
And DK Metcalf
And Diontae Johnson
And Terry McLaurin
And first ballot HOFer Hunter Renfrow

9 hours ago, Starless said:

The only thing Cam is really lacking right now is a TE who can threaten as a receiver. He seems to be doing fine with the current crop of WRs/RBs.

Just because he can work with it doesn't mean it's not really bad. More than a few people called this the worst WR group in the league and TE is probably easily the worst with Izzo starting. 

I would make the argument that NE is the most bipolar team in the NFL. Terrible talent at the skill positions but maybe the best offensive line in the league.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

he can't draft a competent WR to save his life and that won't change. 

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

he can't draft a competent WR to save his life and that won't change. 

I have a slightly used Odell Beckham Jr. that could be yours for the low low price of a 1st rounder + shipping and handling.

But wait, if you trade now you will ALSO get Rishard Higgins! Just pay additional shipping + handling.

• Like 1