Bears at Falcons 12:00 Fox

dll2000

Game Day thread

Lets see if I can make it 3 wins in a row.  (If we win again I plan to do a hold out on starting threads until someone buys me something nice -its the NFL way - my DMs are open).   

Bears are 3 point dogs.    So no one is buying that they are a legit good team at moment.    Facing best offense by far yet, but their 3rd bad defense in a row.   

I haven't watched Atlanta yet, so no scouting report.  By all reports they got to a huge lead on Cowboys and then blew it somehow.

Ridley brothers get reunited.

Johnson gets to face top WRs for first time in his career.   

Falcons RT McGrary is out.  

Tak McKinnley might be out.   LB Oluokon might be out.

I think one of their safeties Damontae Kazee is hurt.

Those 3 defenders going down helped Dallas in their come back I hear.

Edited by dll2000

The Falcons are a lot better than their record indicates.  If it wasn't for their porous defense they could easily be sitting at 2-0.  These guys have the right idea; run the ball like crazy to keep Matt Ryan and his offense off the field.  If it turns into a shootout Da Bears secondary will get shredded and lose.

Okay I watched Atlanta Dallas.

Its kinda crazy since they scored 39, but Atlanta left a lot of points off the board against Dallas.  

Dallas fumbled 3 straight and went for fake punt and didn’t get it early.  Falcons settled for field goals on a lot of drives and went for 2 on a TD and didn’t get it.

Julio Jones has some kind of leg issue and is not 100% which is nice.  I already mentioned above injuries, that Oloukon LB was having game of his career (he forced all the fumbles) before he got hurt.   Atlantas defense was not the same without him in there.

Grady Jarrett is still a stud.

Ridley may be best WR in football right now.  Definite problem.   

Gage is also a good WR.  And Hurst is a good TE.  Atlanta has some really good downfield weapons and Ryan can be really accurate.

Gurley does not look very scary at all.   I think their back up is better.

Atlanta OL gave Ryan good time against Dallas.

Their cornerbacks aren’t bad, but they Aren’t great.  Their rookie looks pretty good For a rookie and Oliver played a decent game.  Their safeties can’t cover.   Neal will kill you on a hit, but his coverage isn’t great.  

Deion Jones looks good again at LB, very fast.    Rest of defense is underwhelming. 

Game plan:

Run the football.  Attack the safeties in pass game.  

Pressure Ryan.  

Don’t let Ridley beat you.   

Aside from Jarrett their DL is very average or bad.

I don’t think this is a good team.  They have some very good individual players that can hurt you, but they are not a good team as a whole.

I think Bears win this fairly easy (meaning not at last second)  if Pagano doesn’t go vanilla and pressures Ryan and Bears offense doesn’t drop balls and throw crazy Ints.  

Bears are the better football team right now.  

Media has been doing this thing where they compliment Bears opponents before game and when Bears win, they turn and say they are terrible.

Now before and after both games I have said opponents were bad or not good.  I am saying Atlanta is not good.  

But media is saying Atlanta is good because they have scored a lot of points and they are favorites in this game.   We’ll see what they say after the game.

Falcons fans are really down on their team right now.

But they are still like at least its Mitch Trubisky, he is the worst.  

Detroit and Giants said same thing.  Well Detroit not as much, because MTs best games have been against Detroit.  But national media was saying it.      

Mitch Trubisky has the national reputation of Osweiler or the like right now.   I think some of that is deserved, but not to degree that they believe.   Like he is a 3rd string QB who just throws balls in stands or the dirt alternatively when he isn’t throwing Ints.

Well, if you want to change narrative score more points.  Pretty simple.  

12 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

The Falcons are a lot better than their record indicates.  If it wasn't for their porous defense they could easily be sitting at 2-0.  These guys have the right idea; run the ball like crazy to keep Matt Ryan and his offense off the field.  If it turns into a shootout Da Bears secondary will get shredded and lose.

While I sont want to see the game turn into a shootout, nobody is shredding the Bears secondary.  They do have an all pro CB, the best FS in the game, and a really promising rookie CB who has acquitted himself nicely thru 2 games, including game winning PBUs in both games.  The Falcons receivers are good.  Really, really good.  But the Bears secondary is also good.  Really, really good.  And it's not like the DL gives the QB all day to find an open receiver.  

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Johnson gets to face top WRs for first time in his career.   

Falcons RT McGrary is out.  

Tak McKinnley might be out.   LB Oluokon might be out.

I think one of their safeties Damontae Kazee is hurt.

Those 3 defenders going down helped Dallas in their come back I hear.

McGary might be out. McKinley might be. Kazee is hurt, but he's fine now. Allen is the one that might be out. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Riddle me this:

Matt Ryan is thought of as a near elite NFL qb.   He has best WRs in the game and has had them for years now.

Why doesn't he win more?

Because the QB doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball. And Atlanta has historically set him up to fail with terrible defenses.

• Like 1

Just now, scar988 said:

Because the QB doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball. And Atlanta has historically set him up to fail with terrible defenses.

But CW is a good QB is all you really need to win.  He can carry you.  QB is most important position in sports and all that.  

Falcons not only have a good QB, but the top WRs in the game and often have good RBs and TEs as well.  

And they still don't win.  Football is more of a team game than people credit.  A lot of variables at play.  

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But CW is a good QB is all you really need to win.  He can carry you.  QB is most important position in sports and all that.  

Falcons not only have a good QB, but the top WRs in the game and often have good RBs and TEs as well.  

And they still don't win.  Football is more of a team game than people credit.  A lot of variables at play.  

It's their HC...he sucks.  Not sure how he hasn't been fired by now.  I wouldn't have even given him 1 more after that epic SB choke job and would have hired Shanahan instead.

As seen this past Sunday the players were coached to not jump on the onside kick and just watched as it went by them past 10 yards and the Cowboys player recovered.  That's on the coach big time.

He's also supposed to be some defensive guru and yet the Falcons D has continually sucked the past few years. 

If we get the Trubisky from the 4th quarter of the Detoit game and the first half of the Giants game, we win.  If not, we're in for a long day.  Trubisky needs to play for 60 minutes, not whenever he feels like it.  Also seems like when our offense is good, so is our D.  When our offense is bad, so is our D.  We need a good pass rush.  Have Mack, Hicks and Quinn on the field at the same time most of the game.  Mooney has looked good so far, can he be our #2 WR?  Miller is inconsistent.  Mooney has caught every ball thrown his way so far. 

Keep the run pass ratio around the same.  Put pressure on Ryan, create a couple turnovers, and lets have awesome Mitch play all game and we'll win.  Easier said than done, but if we have that formula all year, we'll have double digit wins. 

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Riddle me this:

Matt Ryan is thought of as a near elite NFL qb.   He has best WRs in the game and has had them for years now.

Why doesn't he win more?

Because he's not elite, he's second tier. I think there are only a handful of QBs that elevate your team. Unfortunately for us Rogers is 1 and then you have Mahomes, Jackson, Big Ben etc.