Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

Bears at Falcons 12:00 Fox

On 9/28/2020 at 1:36 AM, JAF-N72EX said:
On 9/27/2020 at 9:21 PM, soulman said:

2) And the obvious.  The officiating sucked again.  I lost count of the holding that wasn't called.

It's just sick at this point. Hicks and Mack are as humble of players that you will find in the league and I know people don't typically like 'loud mouths', but it's gotten outta hand to the point that I wish they were more vocal about it to the press just to bring awareness to it and hopefully catch the refs attention so they can start watching it closer. That's what it took for Arob to start getting DPI's and holding calls. He don't always get 'em like he should but it's been better. 

This is where Nagy and his guys need to get on the league office and the head of officiating and make some noise.  The NFL is far too over protective of QBs and refs dropping yellow hankies whenever there's a rough take down or an inadvertent hit.  A pass rusher can't change his path in mid air when he's already left his feet to make a take down.  I've also seen far to many cases where a rusher correctly targets the chest or waist and the QB ducks his head (in some cases intentionally) to draw a flag for a helmet to helmet hit.

If the NFL is gonna give passing teams with valuable QBs and edge by allowing more holding than I've ever seen before then stop tossing flags when rushers do get home because in many cases they had to fight through holds and double or triple teams to get there.  Stop disadvantaging good defenses by giving all of the advantage and benefit of the doubt to the offense.  Send in some game vids and show league officials what teams are doing that should be penalized and keep doing it until they begin to respond.

Halas would have had a **** fit over some of what I've seen.  He'd have been chasing refs up and down the field all game long.

• Like 1

Anything else I have to contribute will be in the post game thread after I've watched more game video.

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He played quite a bit better yesterday. Not particularly well, but noticeably better. 

That's like saying a golfer improved because his quadruple bogies and now triple bogies.  He's got a long way to go yet.