Bears at Falcons 12:00 Fox

dll2000

On the road in Hotlanta concerns me.  I would think the "Dirty Birds" would be more than a 3 pt. favorite at home.

They're strength is their passing game and we have great pass rushers and a top shelf secondary so from that perspective I like the match up but the D has to play 60 minutes of aggressive football and so far they have not.  We need Mack, Quinn, and Hicks to bring pressure all game long and Jackson to patrol against giving up deep ball scores.  As much as possible we have to limit the damage Ridley and Jones can do.

They can score which means we have to score.  Mitch and Nagy are against another spotty defense so if ever there was a game with a need to hang 30 points or more on the board this is one of those.  Not a shoot out but rather 7-8 minute long productive drives in each half.  Everybody on the offense needs to come focused and ready to execute an error free game.  Will Mitch pull up his big boy pants and own these guys or do we get another day of "Bad Mitch"?

Sorry but I don't see the Bears winning this game. Good offense vs a good defense and a bad offense vs an average defense. I trust Atlanta's good offense to score on our defense more than I do our bad offense to score on their average/bad defense. Bears lose 31-17.

9 hours ago, soulman said:

On the road in Hotlanta concerns me.  I would think the "Dirty Birds" would be more than a 3 pt. favorite at home.

They're strength is their passing game and we have great pass rushers and a top shelf secondary so from that perspective I like the match up but the D has to play 60 minutes of aggressive football and so far they have not.  We need Mack, Quinn, and Hicks to bring pressure all game long and Jackson to patrol against giving up deep ball scores.  As much as possible we have to limit the damage Ridley and Jones can do.

They can score which means we have to score.  Mitch and Nagy are against another spotty defense so if ever there was a game with a need to hang 30 points or more on the board this is one of those.  Not a shoot out but rather 7-8 minute long productive drives in each half.  Everybody on the offense needs to come focused and ready to execute an error free game.  Will Mitch pull up his big boy pants and own these guys or do we get another day of "Bad Mitch"?

No one here calls it Hotlanta... yankees... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, soulman said:

To be fair we haven't really seen a day of "Bad Mitch" yet this year.  Let's call a spade a spade..he's played average so far this year with some flashes of being really improved.  Overall it is much better than what we saw from him last year.

I also don't think he's necessarily been bad in any stretches of play so far this year...maybe a bit inaccurate but he seems to be making good decisions with the football.

That being said Atlanta's defense is not good to begin with and now appears that they will be missing a few starters.  I'm expecting Mitch to play pretty decent this Sunday.  

In the end I think it'll come down to how the Defense plays against ATL's offense...who is also facing a lot of starters being out for this game.

Call me a homer but I like the Bears in an "upset" this Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pool said:

Sorry but I don't see the Bears winning this game. Good offense vs a good defense and a bad offense vs an average defense. I trust Atlanta's good offense to score on our defense more than I do our bad offense to score on their average/bad defense. Bears lose 31-17.

I'd say that Atlanta's defense has probably been worse than Bears offense has so far...and the stats are there to back that up.

39 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'd say that Atlanta's defense has probably been worse than Bears offense has so far...and the stats are there to back that up.

That may be true but Atlanta is going to put points on the board. We've faced off against 2 pretty mediocre defenses and been pretty average. I just don't see the Bears scoring enough to keep up with Atlanta.

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

This explains the McCullers signing

Nice. McCullers is a guy I pointed out as a cheap option when we were talking about Goldman's absence on the defense. 

He isn't as good as Goldman vs the run and is non-existent as a passrusher, but as a 1-2 down guy he will anchor as well as any cheap option we could find. Smith will have more room to run and make plays and DT will hopefully stop being a corpse out there. Honestly they should bench him if he has anything near what his last two games were. He has been worse as an ILB than Long was as a OG when he fell off the map, an it isn't even close IMO. We'd be better off with Woods, Bush, or some other young guy that at least can move around. 

Edited by Sugashane

16 hours ago, topwop1 said:

To be fair we haven't really seen a day of "Bad Mitch" yet this year.  Let's call a spade a spade..he's played average so far this year with some flashes of being really improved.  Overall it is much better than what we saw from him last year.

Fair enough.  "Average Mitch" inconsistencies and all would be more accurate.

And, week over week I did think he may have been a bit better against NY but then I haven't watched any game tape yet.