Who Are Your Week 1 CBs?

Phire

How many CB heavy teams are out there?

It always seems like a postion every team can do better at, but obviously most arent in as bad of a spot as we are.

It seems fairly obvious a trade or an aged vet needs to be brought in at this point

4 hours ago, Phire said:

More C.J. Smith speculation...

Allegedly looking good while some of the other guys like Robinson struggle.

I think Mills is the only guy we can probably assume is gonna be a starter.

Smith might be able to win that opposite outside spot.

Robinson is looking like burnt toast and Douglas like a rookie.

I think Grymes is likely gonna compete with Brooks for the nickel spot.

24 minutes ago, Phire said:

Would you guys sign Revis? At this point he's a mere shell of what he used to be but what if...

There is definitely baggage with him that I'm not sure would gel well here.

but we need someone 

We need multiple someones, since all we have right now is doodoo and Sidney Jones. I'm including Rasul with the doodoo because I think he's basically going to be Cary Williams 2.0.

Bottom line is our CB's are going be terrible this year. Doesn't matter which ones start.

I don't think we should trade for one though. We need to draft one (Preferably two!) that's actually good, and if we can't do that, then Howie needs to gtfo of Philly. There's like 5 good players on this team that we actually drafted.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Oops....sorry....meant to post this in your ain't eagles talk thread.

All good brother. Though, are CBs are so irrelevant this thread might as well be an off topic thread lol.

The Eagles remain active in their search for upgrades. Whether via trade or signing a player off the street, it would be no surprise if they add to the talent pool before the start of the season. For now, the coaching staff is pouring its efforts into a group that includes Jalen Mills, Robinson, Ron Brooks, rookie Rasul Douglas and Smith in hopes that one or more separate from the pack.

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

How many CB heavy teams are out there?

It always seems like a postion every team can do better at, but obviously most arent in as bad of a spot as we are.

It seems fairly obvious a trade or an aged vet needs to be brought in at this point

One name that constantly keeps getting brough up is Kyle Fuller. My only dilemma with that is that Chicago has Amukamara and Cooper apparently locked into their starting lineup but nothing else besides for Fuller so I'm not sure why he's actively being talked about. He's not going to come as cheap as some of these sports talk radio guys are thinking (Conditional 5th round pick or Kendricks)

12 hours ago, Phire said:

All good brother. Though, are CBs are so irrelevant this thread might as well be an off topic thread lol.

hanks mam. Well, we got a bunch of rookies for the most part. Scandrick is not what he was a few years ago. Jones is solid. Our 2nd year guy (having a brain cramp and can't remember name) looks promising. But outside of that, that's it.

48 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

One name that constantly keeps getting brough up is Kyle Fuller. My only dilemma with that is that Chicago has Amukamara and Cooper apparently locked into their starting lineup but nothing else besides for Fuller so I'm not sure why he's actively being talked about. He's not going to come as cheap as some of these sports talk radio guys are thinking (Conditional 5th round pick or Kendricks)

Yea if he was so easy to be had, why wouldn't we have him already 

Apparently he's had a strong camp, and Marcus Cooper is injured....maybe they are just waiting 

I'm getting the Revis itch. He's got to be better than Patrick Robinson for one year. Hell, after Fuller is released pick him up too. Revis, Fuller, Mills and Douglas looks at least passable for 2017. And next year we'll get Jones healthy and maybe add another through the draft and the CB corp becomes a strength. I just can't roll with Mills, Douglas and Robinson as my trio. Downright scary. 

I'm in agreement @Jroc04 my only concern is his commitment to playing, if he isn't working out (according to the latest article) we all know he's a mercenary/business man. If we somehow managed to sign him for less than 6m, the Jets would still be on the hook for the difference. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712858-have-we-seen-the-last-of-darrelle-revis-in-the-nfl

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I'm in agreement @Jroc04 my only concern is his commitment to playing, if he isn't working out (according to the latest article) we all know he's a mercenary/business man. If we somehow managed to sign him for less than 6m, the Jets would still be on the hook for the difference. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712858-have-we-seen-the-last-of-darrelle-revis-in-the-nfl

Just read this article and I wouldn't touch Revis with a 10ft pole and that's saying something with our CBs. He hasn't worked out since March, his "confidant" says he's finished and prefers it that way, and he would be searching for more than 6 mil a year since that's what the Jets owe him anyway. None of that adds up to a productive football player if we decide to sign him.

Archived