Titans sign Weeden

ttitansfan4life

Ok, I know this is a touchy subject but it still pisses me off that we didn't let Cassell go for Kaepernick.

People talk about fit and changing the offense for him but Cassell and freakin Brandon Weeden are nothing like Mariota. Kaepernick is the closest QB you'll find out there to Mariota.

Put it this way, I'd feel way more comfortable with Kaepernick managing a game or two for us than I do with Cassell or, lord forbid, Brandon Weeden.

You guys know that I'm completely in favor of bringing in Kaepernick at this point. As a replacement for Cassel and the permanent backup quarterback. But I'm not going to complain about not working him out today for this position. You're not going to bring the circus into town for a guy that would potentially be your third quarterback for one week. Because then you're asking for the worst of both worlds. You'll get all the hate and negativity from the Tennessee area for signing the guy and then you'll get all the hate and negativity from the Kaep supporters when you release him six days later.

I tend to agree. Also I don't think Tennessee is the place for Kaep to sign even though I wanted him to be the draft pick the year he can out of Nevada. Just sayin....

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

You guys know that I'm completely in favor of bringing in Kaepernick at this point. As a replacement for Cassel and the permanent backup quarterback. But I'm not going to complain about not working him out today for this position. You're not going to bring the circus into town for a guy that would potentially be your third quarterback for one week. Because then you're asking for the worst of both worlds. You'll get all the hate and negativity from the Tennessee area for signing the guy and then you'll get all the hate and negativity from the Kaep supporters when you release him six days later.

Even though Kaep was the best option, we all know there was about no chance of that happening.  Either way, a new QB coming off the street right now was not going to be a major difference between wins and losses.  Ferguson has as good a shot as anyone... and he could surprise and develop into a solid backup option for us.  It makes no sense that they pick Weeden of all people over Ferguson (who's had all offseason and an extra month in our offense). What's the point of a practice squad then?

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Even though Kaep was the best option, we all know there was about no chance of that happening.  Either way, a new QB coming off the street right now was not going to be a major difference between wins and losses.  Ferguson has as good a shot as anyone... and he could surprise and develop into a solid backup option for us.  It makes no sense that they pick Weeden of all people over Ferguson (who's had all offseason and an extra month in our offense). What's the point of a practice squad then?

Ferguson looked completely lost in the pre-season while playing against guys who are 3rd stringers or didn't even make rosters. He's not even close to ready to play in the NFL.

Weeden isn't good but he didn't look completely worthless in relief efforts for Houston and Dallas in recent years.

Archived