Titans sign Weeden

ttitansfan4life

"Weeden signing a strong indication Mariota won't play on Sunday."

Good lord Wolf, get it together. The Weeden signing indicates nothing. Even if they think there's an 80% chance Marcus plays against the Dolphins, you're not going to take the 1 out of 5 chance that you're legitimately left with one active quarterback on Sunday. I mean, I personally think it's unlikely Mariota plays, but they were going to add a third quarterback no matter what.

This signing is what it is. I like the thought process of he played in Dallas who does run a similar system so familiarity is not a bad thing. I don't see Weeden playing for us anyways but if he does I don't see him not being able to do everything Cassel can do.

This signing was necessary as I doubt Mariota plays Sunday. To all who want Kap get over it. It wasn't happening and he isn't being signed by anyone in the NFL. We just have to hope Mariota is back soon.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I am thinking Weeden will never play. I wish we addressed the backup spot with someone with a little more arm and younger than Cassel.  

Sounds like Kaepernick lol. 

We're getting a ton of backlash for the move on Twitter. Lot of people using it to confirm that Kaep is getting blackballed. Which he is. But as I said on the last page, bringing him in for the same role that Weeden is playing would just be a fundamentally terrible move. At least half of your fanbase would riot when you signed him, and the other 25-30% would riot when you release him in six days like we're almost certainly going to do with Weeden.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Broke his foot in the final preseason game.

OK.  At least it's something different, not that I'm cool with him being hurt by any means.  Thanks for info.

The Dolphins are a mess right now.  Offensive disarray with Cutler and the coaches.  Our defense should be pissed and ready to rip @ss after getting demoralized last week.  If Cassel can manage this game, we can play power run offense and go small-ball passing.  I'm looking for our RB combo, and our TEs to have a big game Sunday. 

18 hours ago, titans0021 said:

You guys know that I'm completely in favor of bringing in Kaepernick at this point. As a replacement for Cassel and the permanent backup quarterback. But I'm not going to complain about not working him out today for this position. You're not going to bring the circus into town for a guy that would potentially be your third quarterback for one week. Because then you're asking for the worst of both worlds. You'll get all the hate and negativity from the Tennessee area for signing the guy and then you'll get all the hate and negativity from the Kaep supporters when you release him six days later.

Exactly. Weeden won't be on this team in 2 weeks max if things go as expected. Imagine the s*** storm that would go down from the idiot media and fans who don't understand the actual business of football once we would've cut Kaep in 6 days

Archived