Titans sign Weeden

ttitansfan4life

On 10/4/2017 at 9:00 AM, deeluxx3 said:

Exactly. Weeden won't be on this team in 2 weeks max if things go as expected. Imagine the s*** storm that would go down from the idiot media and fans who don't understand the actual business of football once we would've cut Kaep in 6 days

oh sure, at this point it doesn't make sense. but we absolutely should have signed him as our primary backup in the offseason. would've been perfect.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

oh sure, at this point it doesn't make sense. but we absolutely should have signed him as our primary backup in the offseason. would've been perfect.

I agree on both points... but they are 2 separate points.  

Given Mariota's injury history thus far and future risks, the FO needs to do a better job of addressing the backup issue.  Maybe Kap wasn't an option early in the offseason... if there is any truth to the reports that he was looking for a starting opportunity and money.  If that was the case, I understand why the team backed off.  Now that his price has come down (or at least now that Kap himself has stated he's willing to play a backup role and for backup money), it's a little late... he hasn't had the playbook or a chance to practice with us (or anyone) all offseason/preseason/1 month of the season.  If the plan is to release whoever we signed 1-2 weeks later, Kap and the media attention that his signing/release would bring is just not worth it.  If the intention is to keep a 3rd QB... get them ready for any possible need later in the season... then Kap could make sense at that point.  

Whoever ends up being the backup next offseason, he needs to give us a better chance at winning than Cassel.  

I personally would not be against Kap... and RG3 still draws my interest, TBH.  

Archived