Trade Targets?

pacman5252

With all the crying for a receiver (I do like the idea of getting Perriman from the Jets as I liked him when he was with the Bucs), this should be about the defense.

Is the problem:

1. Talent

2. Coaching

3. Scheme

4. One or all of the above.

We have definitely drafted defense over the past 9 years that's for sure.  Most of that was on Thompson, the last several years it was Gute.  So we have definitely spent the draft capital on that side of the equation. Results have been mixed at best.

I actually like Savage but I think the current defensive scheme hinders his play (too soft).  As far as last year's number one, why we are trying to convert him from his natural defensive end position (which we definitely needed) into a outside linebacker is not something I would have done and I do think the results today are mixed at best on that attempt.

On talent, #94, and #95 are at best, subs on most teams and yet here they are starting.  The lost way too many one on one's yesterday in the Viking game against the run and provided no pass rush.  So we have a need for talent at that position, but when you look at the rest of the defensive team the overall talent level is average to above average.

Our 2 young and inexperienced linebackers played very poorly against the run yesterday as they did a poor job of filling the right gaps.  Yes, the Vikes running back is really good, but they were overly aggressive and got caught sometimes in the same gap (for example look at the run for 33 yards yesterday).  But, I like what I see in them in terms of potential athletically.  But when has this coaching staff ever gotten the most out of the potential of a player.

The scheme is not taking advantage of the talent and is one of the softest I've seen in the NFL.  Its a prevent defense...I believe almost no team lines up in more dime packages than the Packers do.

IMO, if we have a repeat of the 49er's game this Thursday like we had last year, I would fire Pettine IMMEDIATELY.  LeFleur after yesterday's game seemed to be a little sour on the defensive effort...and he should be.  No passion.  They cannot stop a sound running attack and they have not been able to do it during Pettine's entire tenure.  Its time to dump him...they sooner the better.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lol why

this is pretty easily among the most content I've been about the direction of the team and I'm 35

What is there to make you feel content abut this team? The franchise player that has been carrying them for the last decade  is 36 years old and will be 37 in a month. I guess you dont see or feel  the urgency for them to win another super bowl with him as the qb then 

Edited by Packman04

4 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

What is there to make you feel content abut this team? The franchise player that has been carrying them for the last decade  is 36 years old and will be 37 in a month. I guess you dont see or feel  the urgency for them to win another super bowl with him as the qb then 

Also while other teams that think themselves contenders are making trades, the packers are doing nothing other then sitting on their hands. if they dont make a move by tomorrow that improves this team im going to lose my mind, because the titans and steelers just made moves that help them this year and the packers have done nothing then sign Seth Roberts to the PS.

Edited by Packman04

34 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

Im 31 years old and have been a packer fan for my entire life and currently right now is the most frustrated I ever been with this team.

I feel bad for you.

We are 5-2.  We have evolved an offense.  We have an elite QB...with a first round pick waiting in the wings.  We have a second year head coach who just lost his first divisional game, and it took nearly a year and a half of football for that to happen.

I'm frustrated to, because I know the defense can be better than what it is.

But man, things are not that bad.  

• Like 1

How about we trade Jordan Love to the cowboys for a DT along with some other help. They need a QB and we need some defensive line help. Rodgers isn't going anywhere for at least what, another 3 years,  more than enough time to groom a young QB.

Obviously that'll never happen, Love is Gute's QB of the future.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel bad for you.

We are 5-2.  We have evolved an offense.  We have an elite QB...with a first round pick waiting in the wings.  We have a second year head coach who just lost his first divisional game, and it took nearly a year and a half of football for that to happen.

I'm frustrated to, because I know the defense can be better than what it is.

But man, things are not that bad.  

a 1st round pick that nobody has seen play lol, who knows if he is going to be good or a bust, more then often then not 1st round qbs are busts. im not holding my breathe that he is going to turn into a pro bowl level qb because chances of that are slimmer then that he does.

Edited by Packman04

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

How about we trade Jordan Love to the cowboys for a DT along with some other help. They need a QB and we need some defensive line help. Rodgers isn't going anywhere for at least what, another 3 years,  more than enough time to groom a young QB.

Obviously that'll never happen, Love is Gute's QB of the future.

We just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks now?

If you are going to throw that **** out there, be realistic.  Boyle has more value than Love right now.

• Like 1