Trade Targets?

pacman5252

4 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

a 1st round pick that nobody has seen play lol, who knows if he is going to be good or a bust, more then often then not 1st round abs are busts. im not holding my breathe that he is going to turn into a pro bowl level qb because chances of that are slimmer then that he does.

Same thing people said when we traded a first for Favre.  And then used a first to draft Rodgers.  (I'm older than 31.) 

You are focusing on just one player instead of seeing the big picture.  5-2 is the big picture.  Do we have issues?  You bet. 

And no, don't hold your breath.  But do breathe.

Edited by vegas492

Just now, vegas492 said:

We just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks now?

If you are going to throw that **** out there, be realistic.  Boyle has more value than Love right now.

What does it matter what I throw at the wall? I'm not a GM, not good enough to be one, will never be good enough to be one. At this point, you just gotta have fun with it, because the Packers aren't fun to watch anymore. We might as well just close this thread, everyone knows nothing is going to happen. We all know what is going to happen, we'll make the playoffs, depending on the match up, the packers might win a playoff game then get crushed by a more physical run heavy team. We'll get a low pick, like usual, pick some player that no one had on their boards for the Packers to take. And since history tends to repeat itself, it'll be the same story next year.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I think Gute eventually does do a deal by the deadline tomorrow. The loss yesterday could be the trigger to force him to be a bit more aggressive with trying to maximize this year's team's potential at winning.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gute swings a deal.  I think he covets the draft picks too much to part with anything of real value.

1 minute ago, dwaye50327 said:

What does it matter what I throw at the wall? I'm not a GM, not good enough to be one, will never be good enough to be one. At this point, you just gotta have fun with it, because the Packers aren't fun to watch anymore. We might as well just close this thread, everyone knows nothing is going to happen. We all know what is going to happen, we'll make the playoffs, depending on the match up, the packers might win a playoff game then get crushed by a more physical run heavy team. We'll get a low pick, like usual, pick some player that no one had on their boards for the Packers to take. And since history tends to repeat itself, it'll be the same story next year.

You make a lot of points that any GM could make.  Don't sell yourself short.

We all know what should happen.  It's the ride that makes it worth it.  This ride, though, is one we've been on quite a few times.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You make a lot of points that any GM could make.  Don't sell yourself short.

We all know what should happen.  It's the ride that makes it worth it.  This ride, though, is one we've been on quite a few times.

This ride is frustrating as hell lol. I'm bout to just go play madden as the packers and build a powerhouse of a team, win 10 super bowls, then send that to Mark Murphy and tell them to hire me. It's gotta work. For a team "owned by the fans", the Packers don't take much input from the fans, probably a good thing they don't lol

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gute swings a deal.  I think he covets the draft picks too much to part with anything of real value.

Our current and recent GM’s value draft picks because they know that’s a sure way of acquiring players (at varying talent levels).  In free agency, the player has to want to come play here.  Trades typically require draft picks, and you need the picks since other forms of talent acquisition - free agency - hasn’t always worked well for this team.

That being said, I totally agree with you that at this juncture, we NEED something to juice this roster (players, new coaches, or both).

17 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

This ride is frustrating as hell lol. I'm bout to just go play madden as the packers and build a powerhouse of a team, win 10 super bowls, then send that to Mark Murphy and tell them to hire me. It's gotta work. For a team "owned by the fans", the Packers don't take much input from the fans, probably a good thing they don't lol

I get it.  No doubt.

We all want more.  I'd even argue that we are "Entitled Town", so we freakin' deserve more!

And I'll come here and vent.  Early and often.

But in the end, this is big picture stuff.

We have a new, young head coach who just lost his first divisional game, and I think it took about 18 football games for that to happen.  Holmgren wasn't even close to this, or Mac.  And they won Super Bowls.

Our recent high draft picks aren't producing squat.  And this stinks.  But...that is kind of the history of many first round picks.  Patience is needed.  And I have to tell myself that all the time when I watch Gary and try to watch Savage, if he's ever in the screen.

It's a process man.  Enjoy the ride.  I thought GB was a 7-8 win team last year.  And it was great to be wrong about that.  I thought they were a 9 win team this year.  And so far they have surpassed my expectations.  

It isn't all that bad.  Trust me.  I remember the 80's, though I was young.  But I do remember watching Lynn Dickey, Randy Wright, Chuck Fusina and Anthony Dilweg try to throw the ball.  And I remember my father telling me that if the Packers had any defense with Dickey and Lofton, and Jefferson and Coffman, they could win a lot of games.

And here we are, 40 years later.  Funny how things cycle.

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

Those are the names of the base defenses and how you can shift the middle and back end.  Obviously.  I don't know if you're being deliberately nitpicky or what.  The more important part is the first number.  If you can't figure that out from the comments, I can't help you.

Im not being nitpicky. You guys are being wrong lol. Its calling one thing something else. If im having a conversation with someone and they say im going to have a beer and then they get a whiskey coke. Both have alcohol but theyre different things.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get it.  No doubt.

We all want more.  I'd even argue that we are "Entitled Town", so we freakin' deserve more!

We have a new, young head coach who just lost his first divisional game, and I think it took about 18 football games for that to happen.  Holmgren wasn't even close to this, or Mac.  And they won Super Bowls.

Our recent high draft picks aren't producing squat.  And this stinks.  But...that is kind of the history of many first round picks.  Patience is needed.  And I have to tell myself that all the time when I watch Gary and try to watch Savage, if he's ever in the screen.

It's a process man.  Enjoy the ride.  I thought GB was a 7-8 win team last year.  And it was great to be wrong about that.  I thought they were a 9 win team this year.  And so far they have surpassed my expectations.  

It isn't all that bad.  Trust me.  I remember the 80's, though I was young.  But I do remember watching Lynn Dickey, Randy Wright, Chuck Fusina and Anthony Dilweg try to throw the ball.  And I remember my father telling me that if the Packers had any defense with Dickey and Lofton, and Jefferson and Coffman, they could win a lot of games.

Entitled town lolol 

Ohh my god

I'm making shirts

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get it.  No doubt.

I get frustrated because we have had two franchise qb's pulling the trigger since 1992 and have only managed two super bowl victories over those 27-28 years.  I realize that winning a super bowl is a difficult task, but you'd think we'd have a couple more when you factor in that we've had two MVP and hall of fame qb's here during that time.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I get frustrated because we have had two franchise qb's pulling the trigger since 1992 and have only managed two super bowl victories over those 27-28 years.  I realize that winning a super bowl is a difficult task, but you'd think we'd have a couple more when you factor in that we've had two MVP and hall of fame qb's here during that time.  

Yep, that's my biggest issue, no team has had the success with QB position that GB has had with having to HOF guys back to back and its not just defense or coaching, but some of that does fall on the QB play. Favre at times in the playoff would throw crucial INTs that would cost GB the game. I especially remember the 4th and 26 game against the Eagles. I just remember that game going to OT, GB getting the ball and Favre just chunks it up for a pick.

Rogers has had his fair show too of bad playoff games, the Bears NFCCG (even though GB won that, Rodgers didn't play his best), Seattle NFCCG, Atlanta NFCCG, and last year against SF in the NFCCG. That Atlanta and SF game, GB couldn't do anything in the first half, down 24-0 and down 27-0 in both of those games. Maybe if they have some sustained drives and score in the first halves of those games, its takes the pressure off the defense a bit.

Basically if Rodgers or Favre have a bad game, GB wasn't winning.

Edited by dwaye50327
  • Like 1