Trade Targets?

pacman5252

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

True.  Lazard likely won't be able to workout/practice for a few weeks.  Trade deadline in 10 days

Biggest issue is there's no way to verify that lazard is actually healthy before you need to make a move.

The only "safe" move is to trade for a player who would be in your long/medium term plans no matter what, or to trade for a 1 year rental on a guy who is a clear 2nd option.

55 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am not thinking that relying on M Adams, Keke, Lancaster, Lowry to hold up vs the SF, SEA, TB type teams come playoff time is wise.  

Though I do see the desire to add another WR option to diversify the offense as insurance for Lazard coming back

super worried about LAR, NO, ARI and other teams that will commit to the run as well.

12 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

With all due respect, it seems to me after all the BS last year that it’s a complete fantasy to think AB will not self destruct again, or just not be what he was.

I’d put money on him not lasting or having any major impact. And maybe I’m saying that to reassure myself that we aren’t staring down the barrel of the new SF that we can’t overcome in the playoffs.

I mean, he hasn't played a real down in almost 2 years. 

• Like 1

It's going to be sad watching the trade deadline pass, seeing the Buccaneers, Seahawks, Chiefs, maybe a couple other competitors making moves to improve their chances, and watching us continue to try to get by with what we've got.

Ravens have already done it. 
Buccaneers have already done it.

I totally get being conservative with your future draft capital, but when it comes to a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick for a one year rental in a year where you're a top 10 team bound to have a late pick in those rounds... I just don't understand not making a move for a spot filler.

I'm typically against major trades.  Minor trades?  Especially when you don't do **** for midseason signings? 

Shame on Gute. 

• Like 3

Keelan Cole would be a good 'get able target for us. On the Jags team which is going nowhere. He is on a 1 year deal at $3.25m, has pretty arite stats almost 400 yards through 7 games. I think with Arod throwing him the ball he could be a nice addition.

Really miss the fact that Funchess decided not to play!!!

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Houston would need to eat it then. That makes a deal far less likely though. 

They don't need to eat it, it's guaranteed salary, not prorated bonus. Those guarantees would be ours if we trade for him.

Edited by Packer_ESP

29 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Keelan Cole would be a good 'get able target for us. On the Jags team which is going nowhere. He is on a 1 year deal at $3.25m, has pretty arite stats almost 400 yards through 7 games. I think with Arod throwing him the ball he could be a nice addition.

Really miss the fact that Funchess decided not to play!!!

I would like that option as well.