Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Honestly if GB is trading for a WR... I hope it’s fuller from Houston. I think Adam Thelien would honestly be the best fit possible for Rodgers and I know Rodgers likes Thelien... but I seriously doubt Vikings trade him to GB.

If they are looking at defense. JJ Watt, Quinnen Williams, Grady Jarrett, Dunlap all make sense depending on what their teams are asking for.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

In what NFL word do you live in when 19-6 is average?

When you believe in your system, as an organization, you put a premium on the players you have in house who know your culture and your system.

It's called Next Man Up.  And it's worked for us all year.

Look. I want Gallup badly.  I'm not against bringing someone in.  But let's not pretend that our culture and system that has resulted in 19-6 under a rookie coach is an average thing.

Let's look at the wins from Lafluer's resume so far

2019                                  2020

-bears                                -vikings

-vikings                             -falcons

-broncos                           -texans

-cowboys                         -lions

-lions

-raiders

-mahomes-less chiefs

-panthers

-giants

-washington

-bears

-vikings

-lions

-seahawks that were decimated by injuries

The quality of opponents isn't that good, you should win those games. Alot of those games from last year were one score games, an unlucky bounce and the packers could have had a way worse record. Next man works well when your playing teams that aren't good. Next man up didn't look so good against TB. Like I said, they'll keep beating teams they should, but when they play a good team, they can't beat them. Its been that way for a long time now, not just recently. The lack of quality receivers and DL is going to hurt this team in the playoffs. But knowing GB's management, they'll draft a few D-linemean and a couple WRs and we'll have to wait for them to develop. By that time Love will be playing QB.

4 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

-lions

-raiders

-mahomes-less chiefs

-panthers

-giants

-washington

-bears

-vikings

-lions

The quality of opponents isn't that good, you should win those games. Alot of those games from last year were one score games, an unlucky bounce and the packers could have had a way worse record. Next man works well when your playing teams that aren't good. Next man up didn't look so good against TB. Like I said, they'll keep beating teams they should, but when they play a good team, they can't beat them. Its been that way for a long time now, not just recently. The lack of quality receivers and DL is going to hurt this team in the playoffs. But knowing GB's management, they'll draft a few D-linemean and a couple WRs and we'll have to wait for them to develop. By that time Love will be playing QB.

As much as you make a point we were under a new HC and a new system. Not one of those games was a gimmee last year.

Vikings, Bears, Broncos, Cheifs all had very good defenses also Panthers D was decent as well.

31 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Honestly if GB is trading for a WR... I hope it’s fuller from Houston. I think Adam Thelien would honestly be the best fit possible for Rodgers and I know Rodgers likes Thelien... but I seriously doubt Vikings trade him to GB.

If they are looking at defense. JJ Watt, Quinnen Williams, Grady Jarrett, Dunlap all make sense depending on what their teams are asking for.

Quinnen Williams is really the only one who would work with our current cap restrictions.  Are you willing to give this year’s first and 3rd round pick to get him?  Because you bet your balls I am.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Quinnen Williams is really the only one who would work with our current cap restrictions.  Are you willing to give this year’s first and 3rd round pick to get him?  Because you bet your balls I am.

I 100% am. He is dominant and a great personality I want in GB

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I read they wanted multiple 2nds... a 1st isn’t being discussed.

2 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Yep, I agree. This draft and develop theme doesn't seem like the best, while it does work in some cases. How long do you draft and develop for when every year its just "wait 2-3 years, this guy has potential" then they up on practice squad or cut. It just doesn't make sense. It's just crazy IMO, GB has had two of the greatest QBs to ever play the game for the past almost 30 years but only have 2 SBs to show for it. Now I know theres teams out there that don't even have 1 SB in their history, but when you have Farve and Rodgers for almost 30 years, it seems like there would be more than 2 SBs in there or at least more then 3 SB appearances. It just seems the top contenders are always trying to get better while the Packers are content with where they are at. Hell, the Buccaneers just signed AB. I know thats a huge risk, but for 1 year at 2.5 mil, it could be well worth the risk and if it doesn't, they aren't out much and they let AB walk in the off season.  Not saying the packers should have signed AB at all, but it would have been interesting with him in LaFluer's offense.

Gute's strategy is far from draft and develop considering the signings of the Smiths, Amos, and Turner and the lower key signings of Wagner, Kirksey, and Funchess.

Regarding this whole # of Super Bowls we should have won thing: 4 quarterbacks of the past 20 years have won multiple Super Bowls (only 2 remain in the league). 12 in the history of the NFL. And even the best team among them with, arguably, the GOAT coach AND QB went 10 years between wins. Manning notched 2 in 17 seasons (getting carried to his second one). Roethlisberger is hoping to get that third win 12 years since his last appearance. Brees has one despite the Saints going all in multiple times since 2009.

The "trying harder" image is comforting, but I'd rather the team trust its process than deviate from what is working.

52 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

-lions

-raiders

-mahomes-less chiefs

-panthers

-giants

-washington

-bears

-vikings

-lions

Thought about typing you a response.  Instead this is more appropriate.  And I'm sorry for being harsh, but this really is the only reaction to your post.

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

20 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I really want Gallup and think it makes a ton of sense.

DL helps us more than a WR, doesn't it?

I'm more for Williams, but I still really want Gallup.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Gute's strategy is far from draft and develop considering the signings of the Smiths, Amos, and Turner and the lower key signings of Wagner, Kirksey, and Funchess.

Regarding this whole # of Super Bowls we should have won thing: 4 quarterbacks of the past 20 years have won multiple Super Bowls (only 2 remain in the league). 12 in the history of the NFL. And even the best team among them with, arguably, the GOAT coach AND QB went 10 years between wins. Manning notched 2 in 17 seasons (getting carried to his second one). Roethlisberger is hoping to get that third win 12 years since his last appearance. Brees has one despite the Saints going all in multiple times since 2009.

The "trying harder" image is comforting, but I'd rather the team trust its process than deviate from what is working.

Ok, but how long do you trust the process, seems like we as fans have been trusting the process for a long time now with the same result every year, an embarrassing playoff loss. We continue to trust the process, by the time the process works Rodgers will be gone and we'll have to trust the process with Love and wait for him to get experience and up to par.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:
39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

22 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I really want Gallup and think it makes a ton of sense.

DL helps us more than a WR, doesn't it?

I'm more for Williams, but I still really want Gallup.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thought about typing you a response.  Instead this is more appropriate.  And I'm sorry for being harsh, but this really is the only reaction to your post.

How is it idiotic that I pointed out we beat a bunch of teams that have less talent than the Packers and get embarrassed by good teams on what seems to be almost a regular basis. Hell the chiefs game last year, Matt Moore, a guy they picked up off the street and almost beat last years packers team. Beat a Seattle team with only Russell Wilson playing well or not injured. And we've  beaten three teams this year that are fighting for a top 5 pick. This team isn't good when it matters the most. I fully expect SF to run wild on GB in a couple weeks, GB has done nothing to tell me other wise.

Great movie by the way.

Edited by dwaye50327