Trade Targets?

pacman5252

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd bet almost anything he's a Seahawk or Niner by this time next week. Both teams thirsty for DE help and both teams are super aggressive.

We were rumored to be interested in him in FA. Since they are probably just looking for capspace and giving a vet a solid. A 6th/7th is probably all it would take

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Because of 18-5 or 19-6 depending on what you wish to count.

Regarding lottery tickets...Bakh was a lottery ticket.  As was Linsley.  As was Jamal Williams and Aaron Jones.

I think if you are a GM in the NFL and you feel like you are incapable of making good picks in the draft, well, you should make those trades.... while playing Madden at home in your parent's basement.  And getting your resume together.

I'm not against valuing mid round picks, you can still only have so many development players on your roster at a time though. For every 4th+ round pick that pans out, there are a lot of mehs. You also don't get many championship windows.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Hasn't done much this season but Seattle's edge guys are terrible. SF not much better due to injury. Never know what a change in scenery will bring. 

Never know what the next guy up off the PS will do, for cheaper! 😉

It'll be a cheap move anyways but he doesn't change the game.

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I'm not against valuing mid round picks, you can still only have so many development players on your roster at a time though. For every 4th+ round pick that pans out, there are a lot of mehs. You also don't get many championship windows.

Just the past 20 years with this philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly, Scott may be replacing Greene soon. He looked good yesterday.

In very limited action, but yeah.  It always sucks seeing young players thrive on like three plays and not get more playing time.

I am definitely not an X and O guy.  I think I’m pretty intelligent with broad stroke aspects of football, but when it gets to X and O type stuff I’m really a lot dumber than most.

That’s what I gotta keep telling myself as a Packer fan.  We put players who know the defense or offense above players who don’t.  That’s why Redmond and Green are out there and Scott isn’t.  I personally feel you gotta put those players who make plays on the field to learn under fire.  Live with their mental mistakes and their plays, let the mental catch up to their potential.

I’d love to see more of Scott.  When we drafted him I got that hunch feeling he would have a chance to have the biggest impact for our team this year considering a lot of our picks this year we’re long term picks.