Trade Targets?

pacman5252

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Up to our 1st round pick for DL talent.

Up to our 2nd round pick for an ILB.

Up to our 3rd round pick for a legitimate TE.

Up to our 4th round pick for a WR (we’re more than fine there considering our offense).

Up to a 5th round pick for anything else.

You'll think it's weird coming from me, but I'm pretty much fine with what we have at ILB. Still think Martin is going to be a player. Should get him back after the bye and then we'll have a decent 3-man group in Kirksey-Martin-Barnes. I can live that unit as long as we bolster the DL with at least one guy, if not two, preferably players who aren't laying on the ground half of the time.  

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, squire12 said:

need to look at teams that are going to be in tough cap situations for the 2021 season and having poor record/outlooks for the 2020 season.  Philly and ATL look like good options currently.

Malik Jackson from PHI

Anyone on the Jets interesting? There might be a fire sale there soon.

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

need to look at teams that are going to be in tough cap situations for the 2021 season and having poor record/outlooks for the 2020 season.  Philly and ATL look like good options currently.

Malik Jackson from PHI

We wanted Malik last year before he went to PHI.

The time to feel these needs was the off-season. I still wish we traded for Calais Campbell when the Jags were having the fire sell.

Most teams won't be selling their pieces for cheap... even if they should.

Plus Packers don't exactly have a ton of cap space... and Gute often uses 4th round picks to trade up in the draft...

I doubt there will be good deals to be had in trades.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd still really like to push for OJ Howard (less likely now that Gronk has shown he's completely spent) or Njoku. 

yeah I like both those calls.

Was gonna say Mike Gesicki (and did in the offseason) but he might have popped a little too strongly.

Devante Parker, Corey Davis were my WR targets who look like their team gave up on them.  I might add John Ross to that list as a less sexy guy.

Defensively, the trade should be for a DT/NT.  Suh at 3M is a steal from the Bucs.  Jonathan Hankins on las vegas is a nice target for an expiring 1 year guy too.  LVR might be too competitive though.

For a trade, you need find a guy that a team doesn't want/knows they can't afford, or you have to clearly overpays...

So whom do you want to overpay and lose a current Packers fan, as we clearly can't keep all the FAs we got... 

I would want to know what the upcoming draft might look like, as we need to upgrade DT and CB, whichever looks weaker is where I might trade...

But there has been no talk of resigning CB King, and it'd be nice to be deeper at CB.

DT depends a lot on Clark, if he's fully healthy and Keke develops we might be better there than we're thinking, but without Clark we need major help

• Like 1