Trade Targets?

pacman5252

I find it hard to believe that if Williams is really available for a second, no one has scooped him up. Him next to Clark could be the answer up front. 

Im not sure about what receivers are out there that seem to fit the size/mold the packers have, but if there are any out there I just hope they catch the damn ball.

Just now, Reaper said:

I find it hard to believe that if Williams is really available for a second, no one has scooped him up. Him next to Clark could be the answer up front. 

Im not sure about what receivers are out there that seem to fit the size/mold the packers have, but if there are any out there I just hope they catch the damn ball.

RapSheet recently said something about it taking a lot more than a 2nd rounder to get Williams.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let me ask the question this way. If you were the Packers, why wouldn't you be willing to trade your No. 1 pick (if necessary) next year for Williams who is in the 2nd year of his rookie deal? 

This seems way too easy.

Do it in a heart beat. I would do our 1st and say like a 4th or 5th if that would get it done. Not sure though what they actually. Could be a pretty hefty price tag. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordan Love to the Cowboys for Gallup and their first round pick.

then trade that first round pick to the jets for Williams.  Boom, with the 29th pick of the 2019 draft the Packers select Gallup and Williams.  Too bad even Jerry Jones isn't that crazy

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let me ask the question this way. If you were the Packers, why wouldn't you be willing to trade your No. 1 pick (if necessary) next year for Williams who is in the 2nd year of his rookie deal? 

This seems way too easy.

Here is the case....

Q for our first round pick.

FOR: I feel like we are unlikely to get a player at any position that has talent like Q with our first round pick.  

Rookie contract.

Already a little seasoned.  As a rookie, played in 13 games, started 9. 15 solo tackles.  13 assists.  4 tackles for loss.  6 QB hits.  2.5 sacks.  This year, 7 games played.  7 games started.  15 solo tackles, 15 assists.  5 tackles for loss.  5 QB hits.  3 sacks.  Looks like there is progression there.

Money isn't absurd.

We really have a need on the DL for another good inside player to pair with Clark.

Any move that puts Lowry on the bench is a good move.

Draft pick wise, we are going to get comp picks for last year's offseason.

AGAINST:  Yah never know what that first round pick can bring.  Including a trade down scenario.  

We should have enough draft pick ammunition to move up in the first round, or any other round.  And Gute likes to wheel and deal on draft day.

He is a Jet.  Has he already been ruined?

If someone else needs him, odds are their first round pick is better than ours.  So we may need to sweeten the deal.  (And let's not pretend that anyone else would want Lowry.)

Result:  You tell me.  I'm all for it.  But I would like another mid round pick back in return, like a 4'th or 5'th.

Whoa, Keanu Neal is a great idea. 

Final year of his contract, 2 million cap hit this year, would be an insanely huge upgrade over Redmond/Green. 

Exact same thing with Marcus Maye from the Jets. 

The way I see it, our biggest needs (weighted for importance) in order to make a Super Bowl run are:

1. DL
2. Dime Linebacker
3. WR

I'm trying to temper my expectations for Vernon Scott. 

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This seems way too easy.

I haven't caught too many Jets games lately. Why would they want to get rid of a young talent like that even if they are going into another rebuild?

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I haven't caught too many Jets games lately. Why would they want to get rid of a young talent like that even if they are going into another rebuild?

Draft capital for a hard reboot.

If they want to rebuild around offense (Becton, new QB), and you’ve got all that value at DL, that DL could become a nice new RT, WR or TE.

Additionally, the player comes into play.  Getting rid of him before he becomes disgruntled gives more value.