Trade Targets?

pacman5252

I said it last year at this time and I think we could still get away with it: Davon Godchaux from Miami. He's great against the run and can provide that almighty IDL pass rush that Pettine fawns over. The other name I'll throw out there is Jerry Tillery, sure he's on a rookie deal, but I bet we could get him for a 3rd. 6-6, 295, playing for a Chargers team that is pretty well stacked along the IDL and won't be contending this year. He's not exactly a piece they're building around from what I'm seeing...

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I said it last year at this time and I think we could still get away with it: Davon Godchaux from Miami. He's great against the run and can provide that almighty IDL pass rush that Pettine fawns over. The other name I'll throw out there is Jerry Tillery, sure he's on a rookie deal, but I bet we could get him for a 3rd. 6-6, 295, playing for a Chargers team that is pretty well stacked along the IDL and won't be contending this year. He's not exactly a piece they're building around from what I'm seeing...

Why would LAC deal a rookie contract player?   Tillery just played 70% of the defensive snaps in week 2

I'll be honest, I have no idea if he's any good or not because I don't really follow the Jaguars much, but as far as rental defensive linemen non-contenders would be willing to give up, Jacksonville starting nose tackle Abry Jones would probably be on the list.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, Outpost31 said:

Please don't talk about a Ravens/Packers Super Bowl. 

23 hours ago, moretti19 said:

Why? We would also probably have to get through Seattle too who has a decent run game.

Because Rodgers would win by outplaying Lamar and then his theory of a QB on a rookie contract wouldn’t look great 😀 

37 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Because Rodgers would win by outplaying Lamar and then his theory of a QB on a rookie contract wouldn’t look great 😀 

No, for a Packers Super Bowl win I wouldn’t care if I was wrong in literally anything.  But Pettine going up against Jackson is a nightmare for me.  He’d put Preston Smith at safety and Darnell Savage at nose tackle.

• Like 1

I think everyone can agree that we don't need to add an offensive weapon at this point, right?

Maybe you send a 5th or a 6th for an adequate TE, but to go out and make a move for someone like Green as a necessity? 

We've put an end to that discussion with 80+ points in two games, right? 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think everyone can agree that we don't need to add an offensive weapon at this point, right?

Maybe you send a 5th or a 6th for an adequate TE, but to go out and make a move for someone like Green as a necessity? 

We've put an end to that discussion with 80+ points in two games, right? 

Kinda but I’d like to see us play vs a good defense too before I closed that possibility.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Kinda but I’d like to see us play vs a good defense too before I closed that possibility.

I think it would be more appropriate to say we can agree that we NEED IDL help; this is true even when KC is back. The offensive weapon is an unknown certainly if it benefits the offense it would be helpful but the impact may be greater felt on IDL.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:44 AM, Outpost31 said:

Up to our 1st round pick for DL talent.

Up to our 2nd round pick for an ILB.

Up to our 3rd round pick for a legitimate TE.

Up to our 4th round pick for a WR (we’re more than fine there considering our offense).

Up to a 5th round pick for anything else.

I think your a round high on these. No way I’m giving up a 2nd for an ILB or a 3rd for a TE

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:24 PM, squire12 said:

Going to toss out some names from teams that have  A) poor records currently B) limited cap space for 2021 based on the spotrac projections

Charles Omenihu HOU - on rookie contract, so not much cap savings for HOU
Shamar Stephen MIN - $3.6M in base for 2020 and 2021.  $2.6M total dead cap for MIN.  not a lot of savings there for them
Armon Watts MIN - on rookie contract
Danny Shelton DET - former first round pick.  2020 base $1.5M, 2021 $4M.  total dead cap for DET $2.5M
Nick Williams DET - 2020 $2.9M base and 2021 $4.1M.  Total dead cap $2.0M

You think Min or Det are helping us out?