Trade Targets?

pacman5252

45 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Yes, basically the understanding is if you opted out your contract kind of just froze for a season. So if you just signed for a year... 2021 would be that year. 2 years, 2021 and 2022... and so on.

well that makes the salary cap even more confusing

I wonder would we be open to a trade for Will Fuller if taking him on and signing him to a new contract meant that we couldn't afford Aaron Jones?  Assuming they both want around $12m per season.

Would the offence be better with: Adams, Fuller, Lazard, Williams and Dillon Vs. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Jones and Dillon

I mean at least in the short run you would have Adams, Fuller, Lazard, Jones and Williams - pretty hot line up!!!

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What are we arguing here?

If you think Rodgers is gonna start targeting him like crazy good for you. 

How many former and current Packers do I have to cite stating just how particular Rodgers is? 

It's gonna take time for any receiver to get a connection with Rodgers.  If you think otherwise... Good for you. 

No dog in this fight.  I do think Rodgers takes a liking to ANY receiver who runs good routes, knows where he's supposed to be and can catch the ball.  On this year's team  ... Adams and Lazard are it.  Not sure if "connection time" comes into play if the players do what they are supposed to do.

5 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

This breaks my heart. Probably my number 1 choice for the Packers at WR

Anything Dallas has done lately is a frickin disaster.  JJ is a great businessman but a train wreck as a GM.  Nothing would surprise me with what they do or don't do as a team.

57 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I wonder would we be open to a trade for Will Fuller if taking him on and signing him to a new contract meant that we couldn't afford Aaron Jones?  Assuming they both want around $12m per season.

Would the offence be better with: Adams, Fuller, Lazard, Williams and Dillon Vs. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Jones and Dillon

I mean at least in the short run you would have Adams, Fuller, Lazard, Jones and Williams - pretty hot line up!!!

Fuller is probably a rental and the Packers should be perfectly fine with that. Trade a 3rd for him and then let him walk in FA for probably a 4th round compensatory pick. Not a bad return. 

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

No dog in this fight.  I do think Rodgers takes a liking to ANY receiver who runs good routes, knows where he's supposed to be and can catch the ball.  On this year's team  ... Adams and Lazard are it.  Not sure if "connection time" comes into play if the players do what they are supposed to do.

willing to bet that every qb past the age of 12 likes receivers that run good routes knows where they’re supposed to be and can catch the ball. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What are we arguing here?

If you think Rodgers is gonna start targeting him like crazy good for you. 

How many former and current Packers do I have to cite stating just how particular Rodgers is? 

It's gonna take time for any receiver to get a connection with Rodgers.  If you think otherwise... Good for you. 

Your a dumbass good for you. You dont think Rodgers wants the front office to go out  make a trade for another receiver and then not throw them the ball is a moronic statement.

15 hours ago, Green19 said:

They should want to off load Cooper. That’s a bad contract. They can resign Gallup at a much better contract. Given they threw money at Zeke.

They need to find cap to help that defense or oline.

I think Cooper is the more likely target at Dal. Which didn’t GB have interest in him before DAL over paid for him?

Also they might be able to drive down the price as far as picks given up... based on that terrible contract.

Not disputing that Cooper has a "bad" contract.

But the Cowboys really do not need to find cap space.  They are $29.2M under the cap right now.  

$35.4M under the projected cap next year.

The wildcard is Dak, but my guess is that he isn't getting a 30M+ long term offer, so I don't think he's gonna be very expensive. 

And with how their record is, they could easily draft a QB in the first and let Dak hit free agency.

The deal with Dallas is talent.  They should want picks to re-build their talent level.  Especially in the secondary and DL.  Just time and health should get their o-line back to form.

12 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I tend to agree that Fuller's value to us is deflated a bit by Rodgers' track record of needing to build trust with receivers. That said, there's a lot Fuller can do for our offense even when he's not getting the ball, and I think Rodgers might warm to him quicker than normal when he sees him getting wide open 30-40 yards downfield. 

This.  And I feel like MLF would "scheme" a guy like Fuller into a couple easy routes and completions to build the relationship with Rodgers.

I hate Fuller's injury history.  I dislike his production and I find it laughable that he got his 5'th year option picked up.

But...if we can swing that deal at the right cost, it would be a wise pickup for GB.

It was posted on here that we give up our second for Fuller.  And get the player and a 4'th back.  To me that is a nice deal for a WR like him, who is most likely a rental for the rest of the season.    

I don't think that Fuller is worth any more than a 3rd and giving up that would still bother me. Prior to the 2020 season, Fuller had missed playing in 22 games. He is a huge injury risk and has shown he can't stay healthy in this league. That drops his value for me. It has been said many times that the best ability in this league is availability and Fuller is too injury prone despite his talent. I would trade a conditional 4th for him but that is it.

Dak is easily getting 35M per year. It'd be crazy to think otherwise. The only reason for him not to get that type of contract would be to not recover from his injury. I'd bet he earns somewhere around 38M per year in a 4-year deal. Amari's contract is a bad one, but Jaylon Smith's and Zeke's contracts are even worse. The cowboys re-sign the guys that didn't have to while they let Byron Jones walk and didn't pay Dak. Pretty stupid IMO.