Trade Targets?

pacman5252

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Does it really matter how much under the cap another team is?

Green Bay is up against it. There's no guarantee that next years cap is gonna be enough for us to re-sign/extend our own guys - no less take on a large contract from another team.

This is a reason why I dont think any top line / expensive deals will be reached - for this guy or Fuller.

No but the discussion was on Gallup and the point was the more likely asset is Cooper if Dallas is doing it right because they need to get rid of bad contracts.

As for GB... there is a reason Fuller and Ertz are targets. They are ufas after this season. There is not expensive deal to sign or take on. GB is looking for an asset they can rent for a post season. They likely want to buy low too. To get someone like Gallup on a very friendly deal... would cost multiple picks/assets or one high asset. But my point was Dallas is stupid to let him go. They can retry the contract thing and not overpay for a WR like they clearly did with Cooper. 

15 minutes ago, Green19 said:

No but the discussion was on Gallup and the point was the more likely asset is Cooper if Dallas is doing it right because they need to get rid of bad contracts. As for GB... there is a reason Fuller and Ertz are targets. They are ufas after this season. There is not expensive deal to sign or take on. GB is looking for an asset they can rent for a post season. They likely want to buy low too. To get someone like Gallup on a very friendly deal... would cost multiple picks/assets or one high asset. But my point was Dallas is stupid to let him go. They can retry the contract thing and not overpay for a WR like they clearly did with Cooper. 

No need to explain yourself as I've understood your thinking. I just dont see it happening. Would it be an interesting surprise - sure - but neither (expensive) player is going to be given away and I dont see us giving up the draft capital to nab them - especially since it's (apparently) a short term proposition because we're so constrained "cap-wise" going forward.  A high draft pick for few weeks/games out of a player we're not going to keep? It happens you can officially group me in the "Surprised" category.

Now.....would I like a WEAPON at the #2 spot. No doubt. I see what Tampa is doing and our "Adams and the Nobodies" may work against the lesser defenses or challenged rosters.....but its gonna be tougher as the comp gets better.

Edited by Leader

13 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Cowboys won't be dealing Gallup, so that's one less name to think about

13 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

This breaks my heart. Probably my number 1 choice for the Packers at WR

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That would have been a potential great addition.  He's signed on the cheap thru 2021.

How is anyone surprised/heart Broken by this? Most have said all along it makes no sense for Dallas to trade away a good WR with two more cheap years left on his rookie deal.

People need to use their noodle and think of trades from a perspective of what both teams would get out of it.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

Does it really matter how much under the cap another team is?

Green Bay is up against it. There's no guarantee that next years cap is gonna be enough for us to re-sign/extend our own guys - no less take on a large contract from another team.

This is a reason why I dont think any top line / expensive deals will be reached - for this guy or Fuller.

or really any other contract unless we immediately cut someone like a Lane Taylor(which I don't think we can do). As much as I love the IDEA of trading for someone who can help us now, the REALITY is that we probably can't make any moves unless it's a rental, like Will Fuller obviously. I am having a hard time seeing that happen too given our history...

• Like 1

Anyone see Colin Cowherd’s rant on getting Fuller today?

One of his more hilariously stupider takes. I so want Jordan Love to hit more now. Just to see him sit and then say how lucky GB is to go from Favre, to Rodgers, to Love. Tell us that never happens... GB is lucky to have that.

Lucky to you know responsibly plan for the future. And get slammed by the media for making that pick. 

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Anyone see Colin Cowherd’s rant on getting Fuller today?

One of his more hilariously stupider takes. I so want Jordan Love to hit more now. Just to see him sit and then say how lucky GB is to go from Favre, to Rodgers, to Love. Tell us that never happens... GB is lucky to have that.

Lucky to you know responsibly plan for the future. And get slammed by the media for making that pick. 

I loved the Jordan Love pick from the start. 

Those guys get paid to troll. 

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

New England is apparently open for business and is willing to trade literally anyone. Would anyone want to try Nkeal Harry? Still has 3 years left on his rookie deal I believe.

I remember the name from when he was coming out in the Draft.....but he's disappeared. Think he lost a year to a knee injury??  (Edit add on **)

But the talk on NE blogs and such is whether he should be benched in favor of some other guy.

So - I've no sense of his talent/achievement at this level. Certainly fits the size requirements - but apparently he doesnt come with separation speed.

** not true. He was drafted in 2019 and played 7 games. Maybe he lost the rest of the season to injury?

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is anyone surprised/heart Broken by this? Most have said all along it makes no sense for Dallas to trade away a good WR with two more cheap years left on his rookie deal.

People need to use their noodle and think of trades from a perspective of what both teams would get out of it.

I’ll make you a deal and use my noodle to be aware that the move makes little to no sense for Dallas, IF you use your noodle and be aware that Jerry Jones is a horrible GM and what tends to make sense doesn’t always apply in Jerrys world and due to this it gives some of us fans a little room for hope. 

18 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, I don't think people understand the contract implications when it comes to trades. Gallup, a good receiver under a cheap contract, is too valuable to any team unless they could get a one+.