Trade Targets?

pacman5252

32 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Gute passed on the class after the 2nd round. I feel like he wants a semi major addition while feeling our depth is fine. I don't think we're adding a guy just to add a guy.

Or he's tired of the spaghetti-against-the-wall that netted "Lights are Too Bright" (Moore), "Mr. Injury" (EQ), and "Hocus Pocus, Where's My Focus" (MVS).  I think he was targeting BPA in round 1 (and got him) and a WR in round 2 (didn't get him).

We won't know for a couple years (at least) if Love actually was the BPA or if Dillon will be a good consolation prize, but to your point, it appears as if Gute was trying to get back to the "WR in the Second Round" that TT was so good at.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Or he's tired of the spaghetti-against-the-wall that netted "Lights are Too Bright" (Moore), "Mr. Injury" (EQ), and "Hocus Pocus, Where's My Focus" (MVS).  I think he was targeting BPA in round 1 (and got him) and a WR in round 2 (didn't get him).

We won't know for a couple years (at least) if Love actually was the BPA or if Dillon will be a good consolation prize, but to your point, it appears as if Gute was trying to get back to the "WR in the Second Round" that TT was so good at.

Nothing's changed between now and 6 months ago. Not even clever nicknames

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know where the rumor started that the Panthers are looking to get rid of Samuel, but I think it's pretty frickin dumb.

He's been targeted 34 times and has had 19 rush attempts this year. 

Rumor started back during the draft. Then it went away. Only reason I brought it up again is because Panthers are now 3-5. They're technically not "out of it" but pretty close. 

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

How much does that advance this team?

My opinion?  Quite a bit.  He is a threat.  In the backfield, in motion and lined up running routes.  If we consider Lazard "out", he would be WR#2 over here in an instant.  With Lazard?  WR#3.

And maybe I'm not taking into account playbook/scheme familiarity.  So while athletically he would be our #2 or #3 WR, maybe it would take him a while to get up to speed.

From what I saw last night, he would give us a very nice receiving option that is quite similar to Fuller in terms of agility, acceleration and speed.  But, he can flip into the backfield, and appears to have good vision while understanding how to run inside.

Not really sure about how many points that would equate to.

And that is just from me watching one game.  But label me impressed with that kid.

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My opinion?  Quite a bit.  He is a threat.  In the backfield, in motion and lined up running routes.  If we consider Lazard "out", he would be WR#2 over here in an instant.  With Lazard?  WR#3.

And maybe I'm not taking into account playbook/scheme familiarity.  So while athletically he would be our #2 or #3 WR, maybe it would take him a while to get up to speed.

From what I saw last night, he would give us a very nice receiving option that is quite similar to Fuller in terms of agility, acceleration and speed.  But, he can flip into the backfield, and appears to have good vision while understanding how to run inside.

Not really sure about how many points that would equate to.

And that is just from me watching one game.  But label me impressed with that kid.

All of Samuels air yards came on a flea flicker. What impressed you so much?

Reeeeally think youre conflating samuels and moore.

Edited by HighCalebR

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Gute passed on the class after the 2nd round. I feel like he wants a semi major addition while feeling our depth is fine. I don't think we're adding a guy just to add a guy.

Yep.  I believe, and of course nobody here knows, that they saw Jefferson, Aiyuk and Claypool and possibly Shenault as realistic targets that would fit what LaFleur is trying to do.  Missing them, Gute went to shore up RB and TE. Obviously the Love pick will define this draft but it does sting to see the number of quality WRs we missed on.  I also believe they want at least one high powered prospect to keep the line of succession strong.  The same way people admire what Pit has done for more than a decade at WR, TT had a similar run.

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I'm going to say a 3+ like a conditional 6th. It will get announced Monday. They are waiting a week to save a game check.

The earlier they do it the better so the player can begin the COVID-19 clearance procedure.....what is it? Five days?

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

All of Samuels air yards came on a flea flicker. What impressed you so much?

Reeeeally think youre conflating samuels and moore.

I loved how he moved.  And I loved how he ran inside.

I'm not talking at all about Moore.  

Just Samuels.  I can see how he would fit, right away.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
John Ross going the Carlos Dunlap route. Not sure I'd even want the guy given he's been a bust so far. Maybe the Bengals will cut him. If so, I'd take a PS flier on him. 

If he'd be happy on a PS, you'd figure he'd go to KC where they need to complete the last piece of their 4x100 relay race.  That WR corps would be an olympic level track team. I don't know how much he would fit here.  Also, he might not be able to catch which makes him a poor fit anywhere.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know where the rumor started that the Panthers are looking to get rid of Samuel, but I think it's pretty frickin dumb.

He's been targeted 34 times and has had 19 rush attempts this year. 

they kind of were in the off season, but they've found a niche for him it seems.

Samuel probably plays the tyler ervin role on this team.  Not sure that's a position people are too worried about or want to upgrade.  MVS is the needed upgrade