Trade Targets?

pacman5252

You wanna talk about someone Rodgers wouldn't throw to consistently? Samuel is the epitome of that. He runs sloppy routes and can't consistently beat his man despite the speed. That's an off-season move, not in-season because it would be pointless. You'd have to manufacture him touches in the gameplan like you do Ervin. That's not the issue in this offense.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they kind of were in the off season, but they've found a niche for him it seems.

Samuel probably plays the tyler ervin role on this team.  Not sure that's a position people are too worried about or want to upgrade.  MVS is the needed upgrade

MVS is an upgrade to what? Dont know a thing about Samuel ... MVS has a long way to go to be an upgrade over quite a few wr's.

48 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

MVS is an upgrade to what? Dont know a thing about Samuel ... MVS has a long way to go to be an upgrade over quite a few wr's.

packers need an upgrade over MVS is my point.  Packers don't need a gadget guy like ervin, which is the position samuel would play here.  They need an upgrade on MVS, which samuel is not suited to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need a legit wideout .. a complete player that has the whole package.

Just really need to be healthy for the playoffs.

Adams, Lazard & MVS have their rolls as the 1st, 2nd & 3rd WR. When all three are there it works well.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's already going to be tough to tag Bakh before the deadline, and it's going to be impossible if we trade for anybody noteworthy.

That said, I'm curious what John Ross would cost.  He was way overdrafted, and he's fragile, but he's F.A.S.T. and can catch.

John Ross is like a cheetah dropped into a pack of lions..........and a rather delicate cheetah at that. Just looking at his physique at the combine I had my doubts.............. and after he pulled up running the 40, he was pretty much dead to me. I just think you need to be more rugged than he is, to play in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Adams, Lazard & MVS have their rolls as the 1st, 2nd & 3rd WR. When all three are there it works well.

MVS can’t catch consistently and ESB can’t stay healthy. In the spirit of Halloween we some mad scientist to combine them both to make one monster of a WR. 

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's already going to be tough to tag Bakh before the deadline, and it's going to be impossible if we trade for anybody noteworthy.

That said, I'm curious what John Ross would cost.  He was way overdrafted, and he's fragile, but he's F.A.S.T. and can catch.

Nah, that excuse doesn't fly anymore. It's so easy to move money around and sign a guy if you want. Adding Fuller would literally have zero impact on our ability to resign Bakh. We're not talking about adding Julio Jones here or a guy with some huge contract. It's $5 mil. If they don't resign Bakh then they don't value him as much as others do. 

Packers need a move-the-needle acquisition at WR. Fuller seems to be the obvious choice. If you can have him for a 3rd, it's a no brainer. If it happens, it'll be Monday because the Packers save $600k by waiting until Monday to complete the trade. 

3 hours ago, Donzo said:

It works well against below average defenses. I have no doubt MVS will look better than he has the last 4 weeks on Sunday against that Minny secondary, but that means nothing. That's not the point of a trade. You're not trying to get better so you can beat the Vikings and Lions. You're getting better so you can beat playoff teams when it comes times to do so. 

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

There's a lot more than 16 of 'em.

No, there aren't.  You just think there are because a lot of them make big plays one week and you watch the highlights on ESPN.

Complete, whole package receivers?  No.  There aren't more than 16 of them.

After that you've got some possession receivers, then you've got some deep threat receivers. 

There aren't more than 16 complete receivers in this league. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, there aren't.  You just think there are because a lot of them make big plays one week and you watch the highlights on ESPN.

Interesting... I can't remember the last time I watched highlights on ESPN. I'm thinking maybe when the Cubs won the WS (2016, not 1908). For NFL highlights, I just can't remember- odd.

On the WR thing. I live in the Tampa Bay area & the Bucs have around four WRs like that... So, that's one team.