Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

Honestly, this thread could be closed, Packers aren't going to trade for anyone to help this team or should I saw aren't willing to give enough to help this team now. But what they will do, is sign someone whos been cut by 4 different teams and sign them to the practice squad.

Anyone watch the Eagles game last night, this Travis Fulgham guy was on GB's practices squad in August, they waived him 9 days later. He has a TD in every game so far this year except one and has better production than any receiver not named Adams on this roster.

No offense to you, but people need to stop the Fulgham commiseration.  He's having his Jarret Boykin year. 

Jeffery isn't playing.
Raegor hasn't been playing.
Ertz has been hurt.
Greg Ward has a higher catch rate and isn't good.
JJ Arcega-Whitside is their MVS.
Quez Watkins, John Hightower are both practice squad level players.

When you have only one receiver to throw to, they're going to get yards and touchdowns. 

If Fulgham was on our team he'd have Malik Taylor's numbers, and that's not an indictment on our coaching staff. 

As tough as it is to believe, MVS, Taylor, Shepard, ESB... They'd all be doing what Fulgham is doing right now.  Fulgham isn't on our team because our other receivers are better than him.

This is no different than that one receiver who was on our practice squad who went to Minnesota and had a couple nice games only to disappear completely. 

Fulgham is nothing and will likely be nothing.  There's a chance he turns into a solid #3, #4 receiver fan favorite type, but this isn't a case of missed opportunity.  Mostly because there was no opportunity for him here, there is there.

We're also talking about Carson Wentz, not Aaron Rodgers.  Carson Wentz throws the football as well to defensive backs as he does receivers, so when some nobody receiver has 4 touchdowns in 4 games, look also at the catches of the defensive backs in those same games. 

Wentz has 12 interceptions on the year. 
One single game without an interception.
Three games without multiple interceptions. 

If Fulgham was on our team you'd all be saying he's the worst #5 receiver in football. 

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No offense to you, but people need to stop the Fulgham commiseration.  He's having his Jarret Boykin year. 

Jeffery isn't playing.
Raegor hasn't been playing.
Ertz has been hurt.
Greg Ward has a higher catch rate and isn't good.
JJ Arcega-Whitside is their MVS.
Quez Watkins, John Hightower are both practice squad level players.

When you have only one receiver to throw to, they're going to get yards and touchdowns. 

If Fulgham was on our team he'd have Malik Taylor's numbers, and that's not an indictment on our coaching staff. 

As tough as it is to believe, MVS, Taylor, Shepard, ESB... They'd all be doing what Fulgham is doing right nowFulgham isn't on our team because our other receivers are better than him.

This is no different than that one receiver who was on our practice squad who went to Minnesota and had a couple nice games only to disappear completely. 

Fulgham is nothing and will likely be nothing.  There's a chance he turns into a solid #3, #4 receiver fan favorite type, but this isn't a case of missed opportunity.  Mostly because there was no opportunity for him here, there is there.

We're also talking about Carson Wentz, not Aaron Rodgers.  Carson Wentz throws the football as well to defensive backs as he does receivers, so when some nobody receiver has 4 touchdowns in 4 games, look also at the catches of the defensive backs in those same games. 

Wentz has 12 interceptions on the year. 
One single game without an interception.
Three games without multiple interceptions. 

If Fulgham was on our team you'd all be saying he's the worst #5 receiver in football. 

Lol, you can't convince me that anyone in the Packer's WR room is better than Fulgham other than Adams and Lazard.

You say Fulgham is nothing but through the same amount of games, he's playing better then our 3rd, 4th, and 5th WRs even if he is the only target. D. Adams is pulling multiple double and triple teams from the defense but yet no WR on the packers roster can get open or catch the football or have enough trust with Rodgers to warrant a pass in their direction.

Fulgram is making the most of his opportunities given with the eagles when given no opportunity with the packers because they believe so much in MVS, EQ, and whoever else is in that waste of a WR room.

MVS has been given so many opportunities and continues to disappoint. Dude can run 1 route and that's straight down the field.

Edited by dwaye50327

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Lol, you can't convince me that anyone in the Packer's WR room is better than Fulgham other than Adams and Lazard.

You say Fulgham is nothing but through the same amount of games, he's playing better then our 3rd, 4th, and 5th WRs even if he is the only target. D. Adams is pulling multiple double and triple teams from the defense but yet no WR on the packers roster can get open or catch the football or have enough trust with Rodgers to warrant a pass in their direction.

Fulgram is making the most of his opportunities given with the eagles when given no opportunity with the packers because they believe so much in MVS, EQ, and whoever else is in that waste of a WR room.

MVS has been given so many opportunities and continues to disappoint. Dude can run 1 route and that's straight down the field.

You understand that the Packers had him, then chose MVS, Taylor, Lazard, ESB and Shepard instead of him, right?  You understand that, right?

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You understand that the Packers had him, then chose MVS, Taylor, Lazard, ESB and Shepard instead of him, right?  You understand that, right?

Yeah i do understand and maybe this new regime isn't the best at evaluating WR talent or doesn't care given by lack of off season moves. At this point I don't think MVS, Taylor, ESB, or Shepard would be on the field with another team as much as they are with the Packers.

At this point I'd take a 35 year old Jordy Nelson who hasn't played in like 2 years over half the packers WRs. At least Rodgers trusts him and will throw him the ball.

Edited by dwaye50327

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd say we need to start looking a little more closely at Gute's ability to judge talent.  Shepard for one is about as fringe as you can get.  He shouldn't be on a roster.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd say we need to start looking a little more closely at Gute's ability to judge talent.  Shepard for one is about as fringe as you can get.  He shouldn't be on a roster.

Packers People still applies to roster building in Green Bay.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Ding ding ding. This is exactly right. Not sure the guy steering the ship knows the directions to the destination. 

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

As a professional in a business where you’re basically either ascending, falling, or on top of the mountain, we should always be critical of our GM.  He’s still made some strong moves but the next few years and drafts will show what he’s made of.

With Fulgham, we had no preseason to evaluate guys like him or Barnes and that is a big deal. I don’t think Fulgham is destined to be all pro, but he is making the most of his opportunity and will earn himself a contract next year.  He could be a flash in the pan, many are, but no one should discredit what he’s done this year.  I think he would be a positive to our team right now and that is a strike on Gute.

I watched Seth Roberts flash out in Oak when he first got his opportunity, now he’s on our PS.  We will see what our front office does to make us better this year.  There is clear talent and also clear holes in the ship and we need it shored up if we want to do anything in the post season.

I really think trading a 1st for Quinnen Williams and going more towards the 4-3 would help this team. We would have 2 dominant defensive tackles in Clark and Williams with Z smith and P smith as D Ends. 
We could then have all three Barnes, Martin, and  Kirksley at the LBs.

call me crazy but trading the 1st for Williams and moving to a 4-3 I think has the potential for a top 5 D

Edited by moretti19

42 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He probably wouldn't be if it weren't for injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone with Ervin back and once Lazard returns.

It's one thing to wonder about the draft strategy this year, it's another to be lamenting our #5/6 WR.

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

I really think trading a 1st for Quinnen Williams and going more towards the 4-3 would help this team. We would have 2 dominant defensive tackles in Clark and Williams with Z smith and P smith as D Ends. 

call me crazy but trading the 1st for Williams and moving to a 4-3 I think has the potential for a top 5 D

You're crazy because it would be astronomically stupid for the Jets to do this.

4 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Has anyone done a recent analysis regarding run/pass defense abilities of 3-4s vs 4-3s in the modern (last 3 years) NFL?  I don't have a horse in  this race, but I think the 3-4 allows for more flexibility regarding what you want to do as a defense.  

Just now, Smidgeon said:

Has anyone done a recent analysis regarding run/pass defense abilities of 3-4s vs 4-3s in the modern (last 3 years) NFL?  I don't have a horse in  this race, but I think the 3-4 allows for more flexibility regarding what you want to do as a defense.  

No because nobody plays those defenses in pass situations.