Trade Targets?

pacman5252

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I get frustrated because we have had two franchise qb's pulling the trigger since 1992 and have only managed two super bowl victories over those 27-28 years.  I realize that winning a super bowl is a difficult task, but you'd think we'd have a couple more when you factor in that we've had two MVP and hall of fame qb's here during that time.  

Thank you this thinking is exactly where I am coming from and agree with everything you said.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

If Aaron Rodgers played for Bellichek, how many Super Bowls would he have ? at least 4 ?

I'd say that would be a safe number, considering Brady's 15 years in NE, he had a top 15 defense 13 times. Rodgers has had a top 15 defense what, once maybe twice? And they won the super bowl the year they had a top 10 defense, who would have thunk it?

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I'd say that would be a safe number, considering Brady's 15 years in NE, he had a top 15 defense 13 times. Rodgers has had a top 15 defense what, once maybe twice? And they won the super bowl the year they had a top 10 defense, who would have thunk it?

I think that if Holmgren had remained in GB for several more years the Packers would have added another title or two with Favre at the helm.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I get frustrated because we have had two franchise qb's pulling the trigger since 1992 and have only managed two super bowl victories over those 27-28 years.  I realize that winning a super bowl is a difficult task, but you'd think we'd have a couple more when you factor in that we've had two MVP and hall of fame qb's here during that time.  

You would think, but very few QB's wins multiples.  Took Manning to leave the Colts and get handed a great defense for him to get another one.

Course, it took a few miracles, but Eli got it done.

No such luck for Brees.  Rivers hasn't been to a Super Bowl.

Not exactly sure, but I think Warner only got one.

Big Ben got what, two quick?  Maybe another comes this year?

It isn't easy.

I think we are more frustrated because we see the problem.  Lack of defense.  Despite spending oh so many high picks on that side of the ball.

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Entitled town lolol 

Ohh my god

I'm making shirts

I think the real entitled town is the Boston/NE area. That area seems like they win a championship every other year.

• Patriots championships: Six (2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018)
  • Red Sox championships: (2004, 2007, 2013, 2018)
  • Celtics championship: 2008.
  • Bruins championship: 2013.

I think those fan's true colors are going to come out soon now that Brady is gone and they stink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packman04 said:

What is there to make you feel content abut this team? The franchise player that has been carrying them for the last decade  is 36 years old and will be 37 in a month. I guess you dont see or feel  the urgency for them to win another super bowl with him as the qb then 

I never want to mortgage the future. We have an elite 21 year old QB prospect behind an elite 36 yr old QB with a ton of pieces on our defense. My only complaint is that Pettine still has a job. I think we have a helluva head coach, GM and team president that will keep us in the mix for years.

11 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Rogers has had his fair show too of bad playoff games, the Bears NFCCG (even though GB won that, Rodgers didn't play his best), Seattle NFCCG, Atlanta NFCCG, and last year against SF in the NFCCG. That Atlanta and SF game, GB couldn't do anything in the first half, down 24-0 and down 27-0 in both of those games. Maybe if they have some sustained drives and score in the first halves of those games, its takes the pressure off the defense a bit.

Basically if Rodgers or Favre have a bad game, GB wasn't winning.

I feel like you are being too kind to Rodgers.  To me, he's had more than his fair share of bad playoff games.  Even the Chicago Conference Championship was not a good one for him.  17-30 for 244 with 0TDs and 2 INTs.

So...how did GB win?  I'd argue because the defense was good.

In playoff time, defense matters even more.  But don't dwell on that, it'll just sour you for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

If Aaron Rodgers played for Bellichek, how many Super Bowls would he have ? at least 4 ?

How many did Brady win?  Add to it how many Brady lost.  That should be about how many.

Why?  ....it's about the defense when playoffs roll around.

10 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I think the real entitled town is the Boston/NE area. That area seems like they win a championship every other year.

• Patriots championships: Six (2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018)
  • Red Sox championships: (2004, 2007, 2013, 2018)
  • Celtics championship: 2008.
  • Bruins championship: 2013.

I think those fan's true colors are going to come out soon now that Brady is gone and they stink.

I know a couple patriots fans and they're still content as hell. They're just like oh well it has to happen eventually and they're fine with being terrible right now, and I just wonder how long that will go. 

Patriots would still be contenders if so many of their players didn’t opt out.

They’ve been in most games this year and still have a better defense than us.

After all those opt outs.

Rodgers and Belichick would win more than Belichick and Brady and that’s for damn sure.

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I never want to mortgage the future. We have an elite 21 year old QB prospect behind an elite 36 yr old QB with a ton of pieces on our defense. My only complaint is that Pettine still has a job. I think we have a helluva head coach, GM and team president that will keep us in the mix for years.

Think its a big stretch to call Jordan Love a "elite" prospect my man. Have you seen him practice yet? no so you have nothing to go on other the college tape . Theyre have been too many good measurable based prospects that never turn into anything better then a back up qb. I could see the same happening for Love.