Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Just now, Packman04 said:

Think its a big stretch to call Jordan Love a "elite" prospect my man. Have you seen him practice yet? no so you have nothing to go on other the college tape . Theyre have been too many good measurable based prospects that never turn into anything better then a back up qb. I could see the same happening for Love.

that's the definition of a prospect, my man

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

that's the definition of a prospect, my man

there are different tiers to a prospect lol. What do you think makes Love Elite ? his arm or just based of that he was a 1st round pick. we have no idea what he is until he plays a in a preseason game or real game. there is no eye test. you just calling him elite doesn't make him a elite prospect .

Edited by Packman04

12 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

Think its a big stretch to call Jordan Love a "elite" prospect my man. Have you seen him practice yet? no so you have nothing to go on other the college tape . Theyre have been too many good measurable based prospects that never turn into anything better then a back up qb. I could see the same happening for Love.

Without going too far into it...

Arm strength?  Check.  Maybe Check Plus.

Intelligence?  Check.  (27 on Wonderlic.)

Mobility?  Check plus.

60% completion % in college.  Check but a check minus.  I'd like to see that closer to 65%.  But he did have a whole new cast of folks around him his last year and he saw his % go from 64% to 62%.  

Started more than one year in college?  Check.

Maybe he is just a backup.  But he's got the requisite skills to be much more than that.  Kid isn't much right now, no doubt.  But there is some reason to hope he will be good one day.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

there are different tiers to a prospect lol. What do you think makes Love Elite ? his arm or just based of that he was a 1st round pick. we have no idea what he is until he plays a in a preseason game or real game. there is no eye test. you just calling him elite doesn't make him a elite prospect .

I loved his mobility.  I thought he threw the ball at different arm angles.  I thought he had a pretty strong arm.

I thought his throwing motion needed some work.  Accuracy was pretty good, and I thought that mechanically that would be better once his motion changed a little.

And the kid has some size on him.  He doesn't have an NFL body yet, but he has the frame to one day have one.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Packman04 said:

You do remember what first round pick Aaron Rodgers looked like his first few camps/preseasons, right? Especially with a lot of the Tedford mechanics?

Edited by Striker

Why do we always have hack writers for Packers coverage? Matt Schneidman is just another one of them. In his trade deadline article, he had this brilliant take.

Patching up the run defense is priority No. 1, but the defense doesn’t win championships in this league anymore. Offense does.

The last 7 Super Bowl Champions...

Average offensive scoring rank: #6 (or #7 if you wanna round up)
Average defensive scoring rank: #4 (or #5 if you wanna round up)

It's almost like these guys write articles with narratives in mind.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why do we always have hack writers for Packers coverage? Matt Schneidman is just another one of them. In his trade deadline article, he had this brilliant take.

Also how is run defense priority number of offense wins championships now?

did GB lose to the Vikes because of cooks or because the offense didn’t score enough?

Pick a side...

Just now, beekay414 said:

Why do you have to repeat this here? 

Idiot seriously gonna say offense wins Super Bowls when literally two ****ing years ago the Super Bowl saw a team win after scoring 13 points and giving up 3? 

Or 4 years ago when the Patriots held the Falcons to 21?
Or 5 years ago when the Broncos held the Panthers to 10? 

There hasn't been a single bad defense (from regular season through postseason) to win the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl's history. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Why do you have to repeat this here? 

Idiot seriously gonna say offense wins Super Bowls when literally two ****ing years ago the Super Bowl saw a team win after scoring 13 points and giving up 3? 

Or 4 years ago when the Patriots held the Falcons to 21?
Or 5 years ago when the Broncos held the Panthers to 10? 

There hasn't been a single bad defense (from regular season through postseason) to win the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl's history. 

This Packers team: #4 offense, #20 defense

'19 Chiefs: #5 offense, #7 defense
'18 Pats: #4 offense, #7 defense
'17 Eagles: #3 offense, #4 defense
'16 Pats: #3 offense, #1 defense
'15 Broncos: #19 offense, #4 defense
'14 Pats: #4 offense, #8 defense
'13 Seahawks: #8 offense, #1 defense

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, Green19 said:

Also how is run defense priority number of offense wins championships now?

did GB lose to the Vikes because of cooks or because the offense didn’t score enough?

Pick a side...

Just now, beekay414 said:

This Packers team: #4 offense, #20 defense

'19 Chiefs: #5 offense, #7 defense
'18 Pats: #4 offense, #7 defense
'17 Eagles: #3 offense, #4 defense
'16 Pats: #3 offense, #1 defense
'15 Broncos: #19 offense, #4 defense
'14 Pats: #4 offense, #8 defense
'13 Seahawks: #8 offense, #1 defense