Trade Targets?

pacman5252

16 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Seems like at this point Rodger would want to restructure more even he really wants another chance at the SB

They don’t want to restructure Rodgers, they didn’t draft Love to push more of Aaron Rodgers cap hit into the future - that’s a contract they’re looking to get out of in 2022 and no I don’t care that they publicly say they want him to retire a Packer because their very public actions say differently.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

They don’t want to restructure Rodgers, they didn’t draft Love to push more of Aaron Rodgers cap hit into the future - that’s a contract they’re looking to get out of in 2022 

This. AR's money would be the easiest to work with....if he was gonna be around another 5 or 6 years....but that trains left the station.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

They don’t want to restructure Rodgers, they didn’t draft Love to push more of Aaron Rodgers cap hit into the future - that’s a contract they’re looking to get out of in 2022 and no I don’t care that they publicly say they want him to retire a Packer because their very public actions say differently.

Instead of pushing to the future, couldn't Rogers just restructure to take a pay cut?

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Instead of pushing to the future, couldn't Rogers just restructure to take a pay cut?

Let me ask you this. If you were working for a company that just hired your replacement and expected you to train him and then they turned around and asked you to take a pay cut when you hold all the cards, you accepting? Come on man, he isn’t gonna take a pay cut and nor should he

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Let me ask you this. If you were working for a company that just hired your replacement and expected you to train him and then they turned around and asked you to take a pay cut when you hold all the cards, you accepting? Come on man, he isn’t gonna take a pay cut and nor should he

I think he was probably kidding.....

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Honestly i don't know, i don't play for world championships, seems like if rodgers wants another world championship he'd be willing to take a pay cut to do all he can to help. What the hell does he need all that money for, hes set for life, his family, his kids, he's got statefarm paying him millions. 

Didn't Brady take a few pay cuts through out his career to help out the team, seemed to work for him alright 6 SB's later.

3 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Lol what does this have to do with anything I said and Aaron Rodgers was projected by many places as the #1 overall pick in the draft. Jordan Love never had any of that.

Love did have first round projections on him and has some elite measurables. 

Aaron Rodgers, the possible #1 pick, looked like what you'd expect a Tedford prospect to look like (which almost certainly explains his slide).

If you look at their respective scouting reports, they each have elite things that stand out and some red flags. Rodgers overcame his sitting behind Favre. We'll see if Love can overcome his sitting behind Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

Love did have first round projections on him and has some elite measurables. 

Aaron Rodgers, the possible #1 pick, looked like what you'd expect a Tedford prospect to look like (which almost certainly explains his slide).

If you look at their respective scouting reports, they each have elite things that stand out and some red flags. Rodgers overcame his sitting behind Favre. We'll see if Love can overcome his sitting behind Rodgers.

Wasn't there a bet among some of the analysts on whether Love would be the third QB off the board (and still in the Top 10) vs Herbert?  I forget who, but one guy was adamant Love would be selected high.  He was wrong, but it wasn't out of left field to consider Love a top prospect.  Ultimately, he was dinged for his drop in efficiency his last year.  It's up to the front offices to separate what was Love vs what was his circumstances.  Hopefully GB got it right, but hopefully it takes another 3 years so Rodgers gets his opportunity with M4.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Tom Pelissero on NFL Network just said the Texans are looking for a 2nd round pick in return for Will Fuller. Good luck with that

Packers are probably offering a 4. If a 3rd gets it done, I imagine it happens, if it doesn't, time to activate Lazard and hope EQ gets the rust off, because I'm done playing MVS any more than 20-30% of snaps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Tom Pelissero on NFL Network just said the Texans are looking for a 2nd round pick in return for Will Fuller. Good luck with that

Yea, of course they're "looking" for that pick. Texans would be crazy to not trade him for a 3rd unless they intend on trying to resign him. 

I'd be fine with the same deal SF gave up for Sanders last season: 

1. Give Texans our 3rd and 4th (preferably the compensatory 4th); in exchange for: 
  2. Fuller and Texans' 5th. 

Edited by packfanfb