Trade Targets?

pacman5252

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Lol, thanks, I didn't want to be the first to say it because then people say I'm just spoiled and playing Madden, or some other dumb comment. 

Gute is pretty good at trying. But at some point, you need to close. You're going to fail more than you succeed on trades overall but you have to hit once in a while, especially with Rodgers at QB. In 3 years, he's now like 0-6 trying to acquire players through trades. Try attempting to keep any normal job with those performance metrics...

So...it's better to close and overpay and potentially set back your franchise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gotta try to win at some point boss. We've been having this same debate for 3 years. The Rodgers clock is ticking. 

First off, the Packers clearly aren't one player away.  Secondly, there isn't a "one player away" available.  When the biggest names linked to the Packers were Will Fuller and Dalvin Tomlinson, you're not going to change the Packers' fortune overnight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, the Packers clearly aren't one player away.  Secondly, there isn't a "one player away" available.  When the biggest names linked to the Packers were Will Fuller and Dalvin Tomlinson, you're not going to change the Packers' fortune overnight.

Then what are we doing here? Because it sounds like you're saying "don't bother" because it won't make enough difference. So just do nothing and converse resources for the future? We were one game from the SB last season...

40 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Then what are we doing here? Because it sounds like you're saying "don't bother" because it won't make enough difference. So just do nothing and converse resources for the future? We were one game from the SB last season...

I'm not a believer in giving up long-term assets for a marginal short-term fix.  For all of the talent that Will Fuller has, his career high in receptions is 49 and his career high in receiving yards is 670, which both happened in 2019 with Deshaun Watson as his starting QB.  Not some schmuck.  Deshaun Watson.  And to add insult to injury, he's averaged 9.3 GP over the previous 3 seasons.  But you want the Packers to give up a SRP for him?  Good riddance.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not a believer in giving up long-term assets for a marginal short-term fix.  For all of the talent that Will Fuller has, his career high in receptions is 49 and his career high in receiving yards is 670, which both happened in 2019 with Deshaun Watson as his starting QB.  Not some schmuck.  Deshaun Watson.  And to add insult to injury, he's averaged 9.3 GP over the previous 3 seasons.  But you want the Packers to give up a SRP for him?  Good riddance.

You dont think Dalvin Tomlinson could have been a difference making player?

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You dont think Dalvin Tomlinson could have been a difference making player?

No, not really.  I think he's an improvement over our current DL other then Kenny Clark, but that's more an indictment on our DL than it is of Tomlinson IMO.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No, not really.  I think he's an improvement over our current DL other then Kenny Clark, but that's more an indictment on our DL than it is of Tomlinson IMO.

Then if the price wasn't that high why wouldn't we upgrade? Totally dependent on the asking price but our Dl indictment as you said is they are pretty bad.

39 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Then if the price wasn't that high why wouldn't we upgrade? Totally dependent on the asking price but our Dl indictment as you said is they are pretty bad.

The Packers reportedly offered a "mid-round pick".  That leaves room for interpretation, but that suggests somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.  But the question is what would the Giants want?  If the Giants "resisted" trading Tomlinson like Rapoport suggests, the Giants wanted a heavy price for him which to me would indicate that they wanted at least a SRP in return for him.  As it's been discussed, a SRP is too much for a rental.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, is there anything to suggest that the Giants or Texans were really willing to deal Fuller/Tomlinson for legitimate fair value?  The Patriots traded a SRP for Mohammed Sanu, don't you think they wish they had that SRP back?

A second for Sanu was stupid .. a 2nd for a half a season of Fuller would have been stupid.  Word out there is that the Packers tried to ink Fuller to a new deal .. that might have been worth parting with a second.  We probably couldn't draft better with that 2nd. 

As for Gute coming up short I can think of a few more instances .. some of the misses might have worked out for the best.  Missing on Khalil Mack might have been a godsend.  Came up short on Allen Robinson in free agency.  Came up short on an offer sheet for Kyle Fuller.  Came up short on acquiring Robby Anderson twice .. came up short on acquriring Emmanuel Sanders twice.  Couldn't get a Fuller or Tomlinson deal done.  I get it that it takes two to tango, but the fact remains that the guys that Gute goes after he fails to land.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes our offense really missed the potential of will fuller this week lol

Again, Fuller isnt for beating bad teams. He's for beating Tampa in January. I literally wouldn't care if he did anything else during the regular season. Trade deadline moves are for playoff runs when you have to beat the other top 2-3 teams in your conference.

• Like 1