GDT: Titans (2-0) at Vikings (0-2)

Titans fan 617

It’s a weird game this week 

Titans have 4 games coming up before the bye and 3 of 4 vs AFC teams in which all will be playoff contenders most likely 

Normally you would be fine with losing to an NFC team over the AFC teams for obvious reasons 

But If the Vikings are really this bad for what ever reason, injuries, Cousins or what ever, the Titans need to go win this game

Id be fine with a 4-2 record going into the by but would really be happy with a 5-1 record 

The NFL is a week to week league so just because we got torched last week doesn’t necessarily mean we get torched again this week 

If the Titans do her Beasley or Roberson back and if Joseph is a go the Titans should have enough good players to win this game 

Curious to see if the Titans sell out a little bit to attempt to stop Cook

Titans could double Thielen if they choose to I don’t expect Sharpe or Jefferson to torch us 

I don’t expect this game to be easy Vikings are 0-2 fighting for their lives but they have a few key injuries and it might make it hard to overcome 

If Cousins falls behind a few scores early and throws a few picks it could be a long day again for him

Don't know how to feel about this one.

Didn't want to lose on MNF with the league watching (those that stayed up).
Didn't want to lose to the Jags and Minshew because....its Jags and Minshew.

But Vikings were supposed to be better and I think are better so a loss would be more respectable? lol
The way our run defense is, I expect Cook to run for 300 yards.
The way our pass defense has been, I expect Thielen and Cousins to combine for 400 yards and 4 TDs. 

NFL is week to week can’t just assume because the Jags had some success that the Vikings are capable of doing the same 

Have to look at both sides of it 

The Titans offense has been good and the Vikings defense has been terrible so why don’t we assume the Titans offense can’t do what the Packers and Colts have done?

The same Colts team who lost to the Jags who we beat

32 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

NFL is week to week can’t just assume because the Jags had some success that the Vikings are capable of doing the same 

Have to look at both sides of it 

The Titans offense has been good and the Vikings defense has been terrible so why don’t we assume the Titans offense can’t do what the Packers and Colts have done?

The same Colts team who lost to the Jags who we beat

The reason we’re not so confident, though what you said makes sense, is because it still feels like the same Ole titans. It’s crazy how for years our defense carried us. Our offense was just so mediocre & not good enough to get us over the hump, & now it’s like our Offense has arrived & our defense walked out the door.. life isn’t fair damn it why can’t we have both 

I have a serious question I would like to hear you guys opinion on. Do you guys think that Rashaan Evans is better than Avery Williams. Like this is my opinion for a 5th round pick Avery was a steal, he was a beast in stopping the run & a tackling machine. Evans, on the other hand a 1st round pick to me is like 1 in the same. By that I mean he can’t cover & is a liability in the passing coverage like Avery & though he’s a tackling machine I feel Avery was a better sure tackler. To be honest I’m starting to see Evans as a Zach brown though Zach was better in coverage just a bum when it came to being a professional

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

The reason we’re not so confident, though what you said makes sense, is because it still feels like the same Ole titans. It’s crazy how for years our defense carried us. Our offense was just so mediocre & not good enough to get us over the hump, & now it’s like our Offense has arrived & our defense walked out the door.. life isn’t fair damn it why can’t we have both 

I don’t think our defense “walked out the door”

They has just a little bit more of a turnover than the offense did 

Clowney signed a week before the season started he’s not in shape 

Beasley is useless at this point 

Roberson got injured 

Adoree going down was big 

Joseph last week 

The biggest one of them all was Peas leaving 

Its going to take a few weeks before things fire on all cylinders 

The Defense still came up big when it had to back to back weeks, it’s not all doom and gloom 

19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m just happy that not playing particularly well in the first two weeks still has us 2-0. Such a welcome change. Goal was always 4-2 through the first six, schedule really lightens up after that.

Where 2-0 with lots of room to get better 

a 2nd 3rd and 7th rounder have had to play games for the first time in the NFL with no preseason and the Titans still getting W’s

This team will still get better once other players come back