GDT: Titans (2-0) at Vikings (0-2)

Titans fan 617

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Not that I’m pessimistic but when I heard it was a knee bone bruise, I went ahead and prepared myself that he would be out for little while (3-5 games is my guess). Since Vrabel has taken over, the team has been over cautious rather than rush someone back, regarding injuries (which I don’t disagree with btw).

That would be my guess, but with the new IR, anything with a three week minimum should be an instant IR. So there must be some hope for the Steelers, even if this week is a stretch.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Speaking of illness, have we heard any update on Isaiah Wilson as far as the COVID/Reserve list.

I’ve written him off for this year anyways, at this point I’d let him stay away for as long as it takes for him to get his head right.  Hopefully there’s some team-funded therapy.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve written him off for this year anyways, at this point I’d let him stay away for as long as it takes for him to get his head right.  Hopefully there’s some team-funded therapy.

I think just being around the team and the other vets on the O-line would be beneficial for him. I agree though that hopefully he’s going through therapy.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I think just being around the team and the other vets on the O-line would be beneficial for him. I agree though that hopefully he’s going through therapy.

Yeah, it’s tough to know what would be best. Teammates are the ones most likely to relate to what he’s going through, but it’s possible he needs to take a little time away just to figure out what he wants in life. Because he’s another mistake away from really spiraling and doing long-term damage to his career.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

He was a 5th we had no 4th that was traded for Tannehill. 

Ok a 2nd 5th and 7th rounder all playing snaps with no preseason games is kind of proving my point for optimism 

The kids will get better with experience and the team will get healthier in time 

I seen Lewan say that you would think the team was 0-2 by the way the guys are carrying themselves in the locker room this weeks and are working hard to get better 

In this forum you would think the Titans were an 0-2 dumpster fire by the way people are talking sometimes lol 

Henry has critics and he’s literally 34 yards or so behind Aaron Jones for the league lead and is off to the best start of his career 

Vikings might be without a few DBs on Sunday and have already been susceptible to the deep ball this season so I can’t imagine covering Davis and Humphries is going to be an easy task for the Vikings sprinkled in with some deep shots to Smith Batson and Raymond

I’m not saying everything is perfect and put us in Tampa in February but all I’m saying is the team is winning games and is in position to find another gear and seems like no one is satisfied with how they have played so far and the players and coaches seem to be working their @sses off to try and get better 

Honestly it’s nice to be 2-0 and not hear Lewan an others beg and clammer for “respect” like they did a few times in the last few years then come out and lay eggs to Indy Buf etc 

I think the Titans are coming back to Nashville 3-0

vikings fan here, just popping in to say good luck this sunday.

i wouldn't be feeling too anxious about this matchup if i were you guys. our offense showed some life week 1 vs. the packers when making our comeback but otherwise our run game has been mediocre at best and our pass offense has been bad - besides thielen being the only target cousins seems to trust cousins has also been uncharacteristically inaccurate. our offensive line is weird, as our LT, C and RT have been solid but our LG and RG have been horrible:

that's made worse by the defense. typically zimmer relies on a stud nose tackle to plug gaps which lets him play a light box on early downs and still hold up against the run. when michael pierce opted out of the season we were essentially screwed as we had nobody to remotely fill that role to that extent. you guys are obviously familiar with yannick ngakoue and he came on as a pass rusher last week after being eased into things week 1, but he is literally the only person on the d-line making an impact so far (danielle hunter is on IR). combine weak DL play with barr going on IR and our remaining linebackers being undersized "coverage backers", i wouldn't be surprised if henry rushed for 200+ yards at 6+ ypc. in the first two weeks the packers and colts have run at will against us and eaten up SO much clock. the vikings are last in the league at TOP and surprise surprise, both the packers and colts are #1 and #2 in the league for TOP/drive. 

oh yeah, and on top of all of our issues we might be down to three "rotation" corners this sunday. it's a shame AJ brown might not play because he would feast but corey davis is probably going to have a career day.

ALSO: excited to see blasingame in action! he was on our practice squad last year and had a ton of fans (how can you not cheer for an uber-athletic fullback?) and a lot of people were bummed when you guys scooped him up. hope he gets a touchdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

vikings fan here, just popping in to say good luck this sunday.

i wouldn't be feeling too anxious about this matchup if i were you guys. our offense showed some life week 1 vs. the packers when making our comeback but otherwise our run game has been mediocre at best and our pass offense has been bad - besides thielen being the only target cousins seems to trust cousins has also been uncharacteristically inaccurate. our offensive line is weird, as our LT, C and RT have been solid but our LG and RG have been horrible:

that's made worse by the defense. typically zimmer relies on a stud nose tackle to plug gaps which lets him play a light box on early downs and still hold up against the run. when michael pierce opted out of the season we were essentially screwed as we had nobody to remotely fill that role to that extent. you guys are obviously familiar with yannick ngakoue and he came on as a pass rusher last week after being eased into things week 1, but he is literally the only person on the d-line making an impact so far (danielle hunter is on IR). combine weak DL play with barr going on IR and our remaining linebackers being undersized "coverage backers", i wouldn't be surprised if henry rushed for 200+ yards at 6+ ypc. in the first two weeks the packers and colts have run at will against us and eaten up SO much clock. the vikings are last in the league at TOP and surprise surprise, both the packers and colts are #1 and #2 in the league for TOP/drive. 

oh yeah, and on top of all of our issues we might be down to three "rotation" corners this sunday. it's a shame AJ brown might not play because he would feast but corey davis is probably going to have a career day.

ALSO: excited to see blasingame in action! he was on our practice squad last year and had a ton of fans (how can you not cheer for an uber-athletic fullback?) and a lot of people were bummed when you guys scooped him up. hope he gets a touchdown.

If it makes you feel better, we’re not too far removed from me going into opposing GDTs and making these exact same kind of posts lol.

• Like 2