GDT: Titans (2-0) at Vikings (0-2)

Titans fan 617

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

1. We're really hoping someone can tell us lol

2. He was basically a practice squad guy who found a role as a play-action deep threat for us late last year. He's not used for, nor good at, anything else.

3. Agreed!

Its wild. Simmons destroys the OL and no one else is making plays. He's an all-star in the making. Are the linebackers that bad?

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its wild. Simmons destroys the OL and no one else is making plays. He's an all-star in the making. Are the linebackers that bad?

Nope.  Jayon is one of the league's premier coverage linebackers, and Evans was good against the run.  Evans got a great PFF grade, but he's missed way more tackles than he should have at this point.  No idea how his grade is as high as it is.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It’s all very weird. Clowney is traditionally one of the best run stoppers in football, Daquan Jones is a good NT and Evans was a very good run defender last year. But the tackling and the angles have just been so bad. 

Still have long term hope since the pieces are there, just no real explanation.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Nope.  Jayon is one of the league's premier coverage linebackers, and Evans was good against the run.  Evans got a great PFF grade, but he's missed way more tackles than he should have at this point.  No idea how his grade is as high as it is.

Evans is the type of off ball LB that is beat in tackling only if you keep him clean. He doesn’t shed off blocks well & if you look at how he tackles he’s not a guy that is a sound tackler; doesn’t wrap guys up. & he’s a liability in coverage this is why I asked the other day what’s the difference in him & Avery Williams. 

Just ugly by Brown and Byard here, two of our best defenders. 

I’m hoping the lack of preseason/full offseason is what’s causing the misfortunes on defense and things will sort itself out soon. Look around the league and a number of teams are struggling defensively.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s all very weird. Clowney is traditionally one of the best run stoppers in football, Daquan Jones is a good NT and Evans was a very good run defender last year. But the tackling and the angles have just been so bad. 

Still have long term hope since the pieces are there, just no real explanation.

DaQuan is a good run stopper period & keeps guys clean an allow them to make plays, he’s not a penetrating force that cause havoc on the DL but he’s solid. But as I been saying & if you look at our defense, statistically we’ve gotten worse the following season at stopping the run since **** Lebeau left. I was DaQuan biggest critique saying how he was average & only is a run stopper, but I was wrong. Jones does his job & eat up space & he was better at the 5tech in our defense than as a nose because he forced guys to run inside he set the edge. We need a NT my opinion. Put Quan at the 5tech let clowney eat like Orakpo when we put Orakpo on the edge of DaQuan. & Simmons & Beasley can be our Cassey & Morgan on the other side 

Don't know what some of you were watching yesterday, but Joseph was not the problem. He got beat bad yes the one play but overall he made two huge one on one tackles one of which was Cook's fumble and he should have had a pick six.

Of all the defensive players yesterday taking poor angles and not tackling Joseph was getting in there and making tackles.

Yes we need Adoree back for sure but Joseph has not been a liability. He can't be left alone on a speedy receiver no but that is a poor play call if he is.

Edited by Titan89

Also Jeffery Simmons is scary good already. I think if he stays healthy and keeps at it, he could go down as an all time great.

Yes it's early but some of the things he does are insane. He has put lineman on skates a few times already and the plays where he is being blocked and stuffs the run especially on the goaline are incredible. Titans made a great pick taking him despite him having an injury.

18 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Don't know what some of you were watching yesterday, but Joseph was not the problem. He got beat bad yes the one play but overall he made two huge one on one tackles one of which was Cook's fumble and he should have had a pick six.

Of all the defensive players yesterday taking poor angles and not tackling Joseph was getting in there and making tackles.

Yes we need Adoree back for sure but Joseph has not been a liability. He can't be left alone on a speedy receiver no but that is a poor play call if he is.

It's not really about making the tackles, it's about not giving up the receptions. If you want a worse Nick Harper playing CB that's fine, but teams are going to put up 30+ every game.

27 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Also Jeffery Simmons is scary good already. I think if he stays healthy and keeps at it, he could go down as an all time great.

Yes it's early but some of the things he does are insane. He has put lineman on skates a few times already and the plays where he is being blocked and stuffs the run especially on the goaline are incredible. Titans made a great pick taking him despite him having an injury.

Right now he’s reminding me more of Suh than who I want him to become & that’s cox but that boy has grown man strength, I haven’t seen a DT bully guys the way he has since Hayensworth