DEN signs QB Blake Bortles

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's going to be a very interesting storyline this year. They play 10/1 :)

And that's the W Denver needs to lock up #2 (no pun intended). Denver has some very talented pieces, ones that aren't hurt. They'll back into a win or two...

NYJ, on the other hand? Chernobyl was a lesser disaster than NYJ this season, and it's not like there's a coaching staff there that could will this team to an unexpected W. 

This all being said, I still have Detroit or Carolina working for that #1 pick. Detroit has functional pieces to pull off a win, Carolina is just bad at football (and won't have McCaffrey for a few weeks).

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And that's the W Denver needs to lock up #2 (no pun intended). Denver has some very talented pieces, ones that aren't hurt. They'll back into a win or two...

NYJ, on the other hand? Chernobyl was a lesser disaster than NYJ this season, and it's not like there's a coaching staff there that could will this team to an unexpected W. 

This all being said, I still have Detroit or Carolina working for that #1 pick. Detroit has functional pieces to pull off a win, Carolina is just bad at football (and won't have McCaffrey for a few weeks).

I think we are looking at a handful of teams who are throwing their hats in the ring.

JAX tried, but the legend of Gardner Minshew will keep them from that.

NYJ and Broncos are candidates.

The NYG are also candidates.

CAR, DET, and Cincinnati I wouldn't discount either.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think we are looking at a handful of teams who are throwing their hats in the ring.

NYJ and Broncos are candidates.

The NYG are also candidates.

I will be very upset if CAR transitions from 10 years of Cam Newton to Trevor Lawrence. Thats on some Colts Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck type BS. Every franchise should have to suffer at least 5 years between franchise QBs. It builds character 

I really just hope DEN doesnt go out any try to win a handful of meaningless games. There will be a lot of teams in that 2-4 win territory.

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Minshew did just enough to keep Jacksonville away from that pick, which is the best news I've received all year. Lawrence to Jax would have been on brand for 2020...

NYJ and Broncos are candidates

I'm sure NYJ is, but I'm hesitant to say Denver is - even with Bort taking snaps. I still think highly of an offense centered around Melvin Gordon and those TEs, and a Vic Fangio defense will always make just enough plays to win.

The NYG are also candidates

NYG is trading the pick for a smorgasbord of picks/players. Dave Gettleman is too headstrong to give up on Daniel Jones (and for once, that might not be a bad thing).

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that's been Matt Rhule's plan from the beginning. Completely bomb the season, draft Lawrence and then a bunch of OL.

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We would've ruined him. Probably make him a WR

To be fair, a lot of teams would've ruined Lamar. I don't think many teams would've done what Harbaugh did and completely re-think their entire offensive philosophy to build a perfect system for Lamar Jackson. A lot would've just put him into their system and hoped for the best. Or converted him to WR/RB.