DEN signs QB Blake Bortles

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair, a lot of teams would've ruined Lamar. I don't think many teams would've done what Harbaugh did and completely re-think their entire offensive philosophy to build a perfect system for Lamar Jackson. A lot would've just put him into their system and hoped for the best. Or converted him to WR/RB.

He isnt particularly special in that case though. So many hard-headed HC/GMs will try to fit a square peg into a round hole. It defeats the whole purpose of even drafting him. Especially for a QB, so many QBs are only good in 1-2 schemes. I just dont understand why HCs wont give them every chance to succeed

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He isnt particularly special in that case though. So many hard-headed HC/GMs will try to fit a square peg into a round hole. It defeats the whole purpose of even drafting him. Especially for a QB, so many QBs are only good in 1-2 schemes. I just dont understand why HCs wont give them every chance to succeed

I mean, I just think about how the Niners treated Kaepernick after Harbaugh left. They made him into a pocket passer. Even the Chargers right now with Tyrod, I'm not seeing anything that makes me think they're maximizing his athletic ability, they're doing basic drop back passing with him.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will be very upset if CAR transitions from 10 years of Cam Newton to Trevor Lawrence. Thats on some Colts Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck type BS. Every franchise should have to suffer at least 50 years between franchise QBs. It builds character 

Laughs in Cleveland. 

(or WFT fine)

Look, it could be worse. 

We have Nathan Peterman as our primary backup right now. 

That said, I never disliked Bortles. He's probably a reasonably capable backup for a team in a pinch. It's not like Jacksonville gave him much to succeed with- which he admittedly needs a good amount of. If he winds up making starts for Denver, it will be the best offensive lineup he's ever played with. 

Prediction of Bortles starts:

0 wins, 1 td, 17 ints

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:
Bortles could probably practice right away for DEN - no chance he passes anything to a player on the same team.

He probably can't play this weekend, though, as players on the opposing D are very much at risk.

Yeah, that has always been the biggest problem with Bortles as a QB.   ;)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I assume the Broncos are all in on drew lock after last season. 

I doubt elway wants a better qb than him leading the franchise.

Probably true, however if they have a top 3-5 pick in next years draft they will have to strongly consider it. I was excited to see Lock play this year and he will again at some point but as a rookie he had a thumb/hand injury if I remember right in training camp and wasn't able to play the first part of last season and now this. I'm not saying he should just be written off as injury prone or bust yet, but if you have a chance to get Justin Fields or even Trevor Lawrence if they are bad enough then you probably have to pull the trigger and let the best man win the job

Edit: Just re-read your 2nd line lolol

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep