2021 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

Probably a long shot, but Matt Campbell from Iowa St. He's a good coach, but Iowa St. has peaked. They'll never consistently keep up with Texas/Oklahoma. 

Pat Fitzgerald, especially if Nagy doesn't pan out in Chicago. For whatever reason, I don't think he wants to leave the area (I think he even cited that himself). Chicago would make sense then. 

On 9/22/2020 at 12:56 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Probably a long shot, but Matt Campbell from Iowa St. He's a good coach, but Iowa St. has peaked. They'll never consistently keep up with Texas/Oklahoma. 

Pat Fitzgerald, especially if Nagy doesn't pan out in Chicago. For whatever reason, I don't think he wants to leave the area (I think he even cited that himself). Chicago would make sense then. 

I personally don’t think Fitzgerald would leave. One of the higher paid CFB coaches. And the expectations aren’t too high at NW. Could see it though I suppose 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:56 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Nagy is now 23-12 in his first 2 and almost 1/4 years as HC.  Hes not likely to be going anywhere this year.

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Pederson gets fired (very doubtful, but regime overhaul possible if team finishes w/ 2-3 wins) he’d probably be a top candidate. Might sit out until ideal job opens though, like MM did.

This forum will never hear the end of it if Pederson gets canned. 

If he did but doesn’t want to take a year off, he should go be the OC in KC (assuming Bieniemy gets a job) and wait for the perfect opportunity like you said. 

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Saleh is probably gone next year. Look at what he's doing with the 49ers defense despite the injuries. 

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Mayo will be the next Flores/Judge and be a HC next year.

I love both these candidates. Don’t fit the offensive genius trend that is happening right now but two guys that will actually build a team and be the CEO. 

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'd love to see Saleh with the Texans. 

Me too... Had enough of our defense being so neglected. Feel like it's 'cause BoB was OC as well as HC so he preferred to have the weapons for his schemes, didn't understand defense so no care.

14 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Mayo will be the next Flores/Judge and be a HC next year.

I think Mayo might be a bit too green. He's only been coaching for a couple of years. Flores was in the system for a decade before he became a coordinator.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Steve Belichick getting interviews, though.