2021 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

On 9/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nobody take Jay Gruden from us. Please 

At this point the only thing taking Jay gruden is some extremely drunk 21 year old girl at some bar after last call 

He is never going to be a hc ever again 

• Like 3

I could see Nathanial Hackett getting interviews. Young energetic guy, the Packer offense is cruising and which has the Shanny scheme value add component... he got scapegoated in 2018 in Jacksonville for the crime of having Bortles and crew and isn’t the primary play caller right now so he does have some flaws

On 9/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, SBLIII said:

Mayo will be the next Flores/Judge and be a HC next year.

Not surprised to hear he's doing so well. Dude was incredibly brilliant as a Vol, and I know before injuries hit him hard he was having a great NFL career. He truly fit the "QB of the defense" mantra.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're stuck with ours for like 7 more years. What about DC candidates? Any up and coming assistants ready to take on a DC role?

Bucs DL coach Kacy Rodgers  previous DC for Jets when Bowles was HC.

Bucs  DB coach Kevin Ross has done a pretty good job of coaching up the young secondary.   Although he was the secondary coach for Raiders in 2010 i believe when Tom Cable was coach IIRC.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're stuck with ours for like 7 more years. What about DC candidates? Any up and coming assistants ready to take on a DC role?

Bills two secondary coaches Bobby Babich and John Butler both seem like they’re ready to take on that role. Probably both on McDermotts short list if Frazier retired or got a HC gig.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Brian Schottenheimer? I would love to see that. 

Seattles 2018-2020 Offense is Lights Out. And Wilson 2018-2020 is one of the greatest QB streaks of all time, no idea why it doesn’t get more respect. Right up there with with QB stretches like: 2003-2006 Manning, 2012-2014 Manning, 2010-2014 Rodgers, 2010-2012 Brady, 2015-2017 Brady, 1992-1994 Young, 1995-1997 Favre, 2018-2020 Mahomes... Wilson’s 2018-2020 is right there. Literally tremendous. And the whole offense has been solid for those three years. Not to mention Brian and Russ have had a Bottom 5 OL to work with as well. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seattles 2018-2020 Offense is Lights Out. And Wilson 2018-2020 is one of the greatest QB streaks of all time, no idea why it doesn’t get more respect. Right up there with with QB stretches like: 2003-2006 Manning, 2012-2014 Manning, 2010-2014 Rodgers, 2010-2012 Brady, 2015-2017 Brady, 1992-1994 Young, 1995-1997 Favre, 2018-2020 Mahomes... Wilson’s 2018-2020 is right there. Literally tremendous. And the whole offense has been solid for those three years. Not to mention Brian and Russ have had a Bottom 5 OL to work with as well. 

I’m familiar with him during his tenure under Mangini and Rex. Crazy he’s only 46. I think he’s proven he deserves a shot to run a team, he’s put the work in. 

His offense wasn’t this great with us but that was 9-14 years ago. He’s definitely shown an ability to grow and evolve as a coach. Right now the obvious potential coaching vacancies will be the Jets, Texans, Lions and Falcons with the Vikings, Jaguars and Broncos being dark horses.

He will definitely get interviews if the Seahawks make a playoff run and Wilson wins MVP or at least keeps this pace.