2021 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

As long as their Offensive guy has a veteran DC in mind it should work out well for them. 

Another interesting way for them to go about it would be something like this:

HC Eric Bienemy

OC Marcus Brady

DC Anthony Weaver

Senior Defensive Advisor Wade Phillips

1 minute ago, flyguy1609 said:

im being nice lol. it wouldn't shock me if Marrone  stayed or left

As a Jaguars fan I'll never assume it, but considering he was on the bubble last year and we're starting an at best 3-13 (likely 1-15 tbh) season in the eyes I'm thinking it's a near certainty.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Falcons have gone defensive their last 3 head coaches since Dan Reeves with Mora, Smith and Quinn. I'd be shocked if they didn't go with an offensive mind so that Ryan didn't have to worry about his offense changing through the end of his career. If Falcons miss out on Bienemy, it wouldn't surprise me to see Joe Brady being the guy.

Don't forget Greg Roman is probably on the list as he's an offensive minded guy, I think he'd be bad for the Falcons cause hes super creative in the running game, not the best in the passing (where the Falcons have all the talent) but he's more seasoned than Brady and has more of a resume, if hes interviewing I can't see Brady getting the chance over him.

Just now, Drained said:

Don't forget Greg Roman is probably on the list as he's an offensive minded guy, I think he'd be bad for the Falcons cause hes super creative in the running game, not the best in the passing (where the Falcons have all the talent) but he's more seasoned than Brady and has more of a resume, if hes interviewing I can't see Brady getting the chance over him.

I don't see the Falcons going after him, tbh. Not the right fit for Ryan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the Rams win their division and the offense finishes well statistically, I expect Kevin O'Connell is going to get serious interest. Also, if the defense continues to be lights out, Staley is going to get some interviews too.

I think Staley would become a Coach first. 

Think O’Connell stays one more year 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If the Rams win their division and the offense finishes well statistically, I expect Kevin O'Connell is going to get serious interest. Also, if the defense continues to be lights out, Staley is going to get some interviews too.

No way Staley gets some interviews yet. Only a DC for one year and Has only been an NFL coach for 4seasons. I’m excited for Staley but he’s not there yet

Edited by buno67

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No way Staley gets some interviews yet. Only a DC for one year and Has only been an NFL coach for 4seasons. I’m excited for Staley but he’s not there yet

If the Rams finish the year as a top 5 defense, he'll get interest.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If the Rams finish the year as a top 5 defense, he'll get interest.

Still think it’s hang over from Wades defense. I would want to see him 2-3 years from now when things are fully him. The defense he has built/rebuilt. I just don’t want to see him get promoted too fast and it hurts him.

I would worry about a college program taking a shot at him for HC job tho. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Still think it’s hang over from Wades defense. I would want to see him 2-3 years from now when things are fully him. The defense he has built/rebuilt. I just don’t want to see him get promoted too fast and it hurts him.

I would worry about a college program taking a shot at him for HC job tho. 

It's not. He's scheming better and using our talent better than Wade did. I'm a Wade fan, but Wade doesn't adjust enough. To Staley's credit, he can be frustrating early in games, but he usually has an offense figured out by half time. With Wade, if his defense typically didn't work in the first half, it wasn't going to work in the second. I agree that it may be too fast for Staley. But teams are desperate for the next big thing. A 37 year old DC doing what he's doing in his first year (who is tied to McVay) will get attention if the defense continues to perform. That all said, teams seem less interested in hiring defensive minds (see Eberflus and Saleh last off-season). So that might result in him getting some interviews but not getting a HC job even if the defense finishes strong.