Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 3 GDT - New York Giants vs San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Verrett and DJ Jones both FULL practices today. Greenlaw did not practice.

Hmmmm....so who starts if Verrett is ready go Sunday? Him or Spoon?

Personally, I'd leave Spoon in the there as the starter opposite Manny. He started last week and was ok so I'd leave him in there for the time being.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He has looked solid but I'm still pissed he droped a perfectly thrown deep ball Sunday.

Yes, that was not ideal. But I was trying to pay attention to him and Aiyuk to see if they were open or not. Aiyuk is still raw with his route running but Bourne is improved from last season. Creating legitimate separation out there. I never thought he would be a guy you could throw deep to, but honestly he's getting steps on the DBs. Even after Jimmy underthrew him on the last drive on 3rd down, the following play he had a step on Peterson again on a go route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, that was not ideal. But I was trying to pay attention to him and Aiyuk to see if they were open or not. Aiyuk is still raw with his route running but Bourne is improved from last season. Creating legitimate separation out there. I never thought he would be a guy you could throw deep to, but honestly he's getting steps on the DBs. Even after Jimmy underthrew him on the last drive on 3rd down, the following play he had a step on Peterson again on a go route. 

Yeah, I was disappointed in how aiyuks routes looked in the first half. Wasn't crisp in and out of his breaks. Haven't done the deep dive on the second half yet. 

He looked incredible with the ball in his hands though. He needs to be target #1 this week 

I agree with you about Bourne. He has looked sharp this year. Very solid #3. Taylor is less impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, that was not ideal. But I was trying to pay attention to him and Aiyuk to see if they were open or not. Aiyuk is still raw with his route running but Bourne is improved from last season. Creating legitimate separation out there. I never thought he would be a guy you could throw deep to, but honestly he's getting steps on the DBs. Even after Jimmy underthrew him on the last drive on 3rd down, the following play he had a step on Peterson again on a go route. 

I hear what you're saying but it's really not about him getting behind CBs, as much as it's about understanding the nuisances to catching those over-the-shoulder passes and deep throws. Body control, showing your hands at the last second in tight coverage, understanding the trajectory of the ball and adjusting to it...its not something he's been asked to do so far in his career. He's been a short-intermediate  guy who worked the middle of the field, who could turn and face the ball as it was being thrown. Being adept as a viable deep ball WR may or may not be in his wheelhouse, as strange as that might sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I hear what you're saying but it's really not about him getting behind CBs, as much as it's about understanding the nuisances to catching those over-the-shoulder passes and deep throws. Body control, showing your hands at the last second in tight coverage, understanding the trajectory of the ball and adjusting to it...its not something he's been asked to do so far in his career. He's been a short-intermediate  guy who worked the middle of the field, who could turn and face the ball as it was being thrown. Being adept as a viable deep ball WR may or may not be in his wheelhouse, as strange as that might sound. 

I mean to me it comes down to expectations for Bourne and what you expect out of him. Sure it would be great if he could do all those things at an high level, but that's not what he is. He was already a solid 3rd or 4th option and to me he clearly looks better in his route running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Is there any news on Hasty that you guys have heard of? 

I expect him to be added to the 53 man roster, but the team is not tipping their hand with regards to any sort of plan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, N4L said:

I expect him to be added to the 53 man roster, but the team is not tipping their hand with regards to any sort of plan 

That’s what I’m assuming as well, I just haven’t seen anything one way or the other. With the news of Dion being called up I’m not sure why they’d wait at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promoting Jordan makes zero sense at the point. Much rather they would have kicked the tires on Matthews. You already know what you have in Jordan...basically nothing. Even though I think Matthews is pretty much done, that's still more than what Jordan can provide. And maybe in a 3rd down role like we used Ford last year, he could salvage some of his GB form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Promoting Jordan makes zero sense at the point. Much rather they would have kicked the tires on Matthews. You already know what you have in Jordan...basically nothing. Even though I think Matthews is pretty much done, that's still more than what Jordan can provide. And maybe in a 3rd down role like we used Ford last year, he could salvage some of his GB form. 

You mean you're not excited to see him run in a straight line at an opposing blocker? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Forge said:

You mean you're not excited to see him run in a straight line at an opposing blocker? 

It’s a straight line with a lot of length, tho...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Forge said:

You mean you're not excited to see him run in a straight line at an opposing blocker? 

I mean he's just not good. At least Clay used to be good. Jordan has never been anything. He's just been there, if we're being honest

If it were me, you sign a Clay or a Sheard and you have them and Ansah as you're nickel specialist. They come in as the DEs on obvious passing downs, while AA kicks inside. You can have Hyder and AA as you're ends in base.

I think they're just being cheap honestly, not wanting to sign a vested vet and then having to cut him when Blair returns but still pay him for the remainder of the season. They're trying to bide time until Blair or Ford can return, with Jordan.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think they're just being cheap honestly, not wanting to sign a vested vet and then having to cut him when Blair returns but still pay him for the remainder of the season. They're trying to bide time until Blair or Ford can return, with Jordan

Ahh so you are saying that signing a vested vet means we have to pay them their whole salary even if we cut them later? 

That does make sense, but I don't think they are doing it for that reason alone. We are trying to win the Superbowl still, I think they just already had Jordan in the building and are giving him a shot  

In kocerek we trust 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like negligence on that turf

Kittle is the bosa of our offense. One of the best in the league and completely irreplaceable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...