Week #5 Gameday Thread Steelers vs. Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The injury report is looking optimistic for this week. Barring any setbacks we should be all hands on deck.

I tell you what though....until Ben is normal and this offense is working this DNP-Rest crap with Ben needs to stop.

I’ll be making the drive up for the game with the fiancé and father in law (both Steeler fans). I’ve been looking forward to this game.

i hope we get a lot of Ramsey vs AB. Bouye struggles with speed receivers, so Ben should target Bryant a couple times deep if they are lined up against each other.

Our pass rush has been good so hopefully we are able to pressure Ben. 

Steelers D just needs to load the box like every team has done against us to stop Fournette. Make Bortles beat you, which he won’t.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’ll be making the drive up for the game with the fiancé and father in law (both Steeler fans). I’ve been looking forward to this game.

i hope we get a lot of Ramsey vs AB. Bouye struggles with speed receivers, so Ben should target Bryant a couple times deep if they are lined up against each other.

Our pass rush has been good so hopefully we are able to pressure Ben. 

Steelers D just needs to load the box like every team has done against us to stop Fournette. Make Bortles beat you, which he won’t.

Enjoy the game.  Sounds like a great road trip.  The Jags have killed the Steelers over the years.  I'm definitely not overconfident for this game.  The only reason I'm optimistic is that Ben especially and the team in general plays MUCH better at home typically.  Good luck!

Came across an article on bleacher report the other day. It was naming starters who should be bench. Long story short it was Haden.  Obviously this Homer doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about since our depth doesnt intrigue me. I haven’t watched football for two weeks going on three. Is there any real logic reason behind this

5 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Came across an article on bleacher report the other day. It was naming starters who should be bench. Long story short it was Haden.  Obviously this Homer doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about since our depth doesnt intrigue me. I haven’t watched football for two weeks going on three. Is there any real logic reason behind this

Read the entire thing and it basically reads as "who's the starter who's old or underperforming."  I think he even listed like 5 starting QB's who would in no way be replaced like Wilson, Newton, and Eli.

15 hours ago, Displayname said:

I think people over-reacted to Haden's stat sheet the first week (or two?) and haven't come around. He is playing well and allows a guy like Hilton to settle into a role that is much better suited for him. Haden isn't making splash plays (outside of the sack), but I like what I've seen.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

I think people over-reacted to Haden's stat sheet the first week (or two?) and haven't come around. He is playing well and allows a guy like Hilton to settle into a role that is much better suited for him. Haden isn't making splash plays (outside of the sack), but I like what I've seen.

I always say the best CB's are the ones you forget at playing.

Archived