Week #5 Gameday Thread Steelers vs. Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

On 10/4/2017 at 4:12 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

The injury report is looking optimistic for this week. Barring any setbacks we should be all hands on deck.

Unfortunately Gilbert is listed as doubtful which means we'll have another week of Hubbard at RT.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:48 PM, warfelg said:

Read the entire thing and it basically reads as "who's the starter who's old or underperforming."  I think he even listed like 5 starting QB's who would in no way be replaced like Wilson, Newton, and Eli.

Huh? Haden a QB? 

Whats up with Jerald Hawkins?   I thought he would eventually be our top backup and maybe even future starter, but if you cant even get the nod over Chris Hubbard, you cant be that good.

I didnt really watch him much in preseason.  Was he bad?   

3 hours ago, Displayname said:

Huh? Haden a QB? 

I was talking about other names on that list.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Whats up with Jerald Hawkins?   I thought he would eventually be our top backup and maybe even future starter, but if you cant even get the nod over Chris Hubbard, you cant be that good.

I didnt really watch him much in preseason.  Was he bad?   

I think his shoulder injury last year really set him back. It's basically his rookie year and his footwork coming in was a mess and he flapped his arms quite a bit.  So not surprised he's not getting the nod over the more vet Hubbard.

14 hours ago, Ghengis Graz said:

I live in south central PA and for the 3rd time this year can not get the game on regular TV.  If anyone can PM a live stream connection I would appreciate it

Ghengis, did you get the help you needed?

I would love to see the offense hit on all cylinders today.  Ben needs a breakout game to get his confidence going again.  Just read on Depot that the Steelers are 13-2 when Bell rushes for 100 yds, and they are 14-0 when bell gets 23 or more carries.  Maybe someone can send Haley a memo. 

OFFICIAL INACTIVES

Steelers Inactives
No. 5 QB Joshua Dobbsicon-article-link.gif
No. 17 WR Eli Rogers
No. 29 CB Brian Allen
No. 65 OT Jerald Hawkins
No. 77 OT Marcus Gilbert
N0. 92 LB James Harrison
No. 93 DT Daniel McCullers

Jaguars Inactives
No. 10 WR Jaelen Strong
No. 24 RB T.J. Yeldon