Acgott

RB Devonta Freeman to sign with Giants

Not a fan of this move. Rather sign a young random player and see what they got rather than an older vet

• Like 1

This staff has no faith in Wayne Gallman. He is a goner after this year.

Any RB we bring in at this point is not going to push the needle too much in a positive direction. Whoever we bring in to add to the backfield now isn't Saquon. Therefore, they will go as far as the OL takes them. We have to just hope for continued improvement and communication among the 5 guys we have starting. I'm of the belief that Freeman doesn't have anything left, but I could be wrong. Maybe he comes in with something to prove; when was the last time the Giants brought in a FA with something to prove and he actually proved it? Would be nice to see.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious what kind of fantasy value you guys think Freeman will have?

Desperate bye weeks

• Like 1

At this point if he can be a guy who can pass protect and split time and be decent with Dion Lewis im on board with the signing. We didnt have many options. And Wayne Gallman im surprised even made this team. 

I think it'll be a couple of weeks before he takes over the lions share of the carries. I suspect Dion will be the 3 down back with Gallman as a spell and Freeman sprinkled in here and there. Not that it matters. If the Oline can't block doesn't matter who has the rock.

Solid signing. Like Ryan, I'm surprised Freeman hadn't been picked up by some other team. If the o-line discovers this thing called "run blocking" then he'll be set.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1