GDT - Week 3: Raiders Come to Town

Deadpulse

Raiders @ Patriots  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does a WR finally catch a TD this week?

• Yes
    • No
    • No passing TDs
  2. 2. Who has a bigger day for the Raiders?

• Josh Jacobs
    • Darren Waller
    • BB makes someone else beat em
  3. 3. What will Harry's YAC be?

• Less than 10 yards
    • Between 10-20 yards
    • 20+ yeards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2020 at 04:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

We have the opposite type actually. The "even though 90% of the time this player is great but this one mistakes makes them total trash and they are going to cost us playoff games" types. Although since Brady left, we haven't seen those posters around much. HMMMMMMM

Seems like Packer Fans and ARod before this year. I was shocked when I went in there and saw like 80% of them bashing Rodgers. I was like... I’ll take him!

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seems like Packer Fans and ARod before this year. I was shocked when I went in there and saw like 80% of them bashing Rodgers. I was like... I’ll take him!

Yup pretty much. The sky was always falling in these parts. Now that the lofty expectations of having the goat are gone my job as mod is sooooooo much easier. I actually enjoy GDT's again lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yup pretty much. The sky was always falling in these parts. Now that the lofty expectations of having the goat are gone my job as mod is sooooooo much easier. I actually enjoy GDT's again lol

I don’t know how anyone can say Brady was the problem last year. His weapon core was utter trash (no offense) like definitely Bottom 5 in the league, OL was just an average unit for the first time in years, and if you actually watch the games, Bradys arm strength was still fully intact unlike Rivers who was throwing ducks in Los Angeles. Was Bradys arm the same as 2007-2012? No. But it’s about the same arm as it was since at least 2016. He still has the same velocity. 

I would honestly not be surprised if the Bucs won it all, they have a Top 6ish Defense and Brady is still Big Game Brady with the best Weapon Core in the entire NFL. Evans, Godwin, Miller, OJ, Gronk. 

Plus I expect Fournette to get going at some point. 

@New Orleans was a Top 2 tough game on their schedule. 

How do you guys think the Pats approach Waller? Any chance they try using Gilmore there? There isn't really a natural guy for Gilmore to be following around for the Raiders. Don't think it makes a lot of sense to slap him on Ruggs... and Edwards hasn't shown the need for any special treatment. Or do you think they'll just bracket/double him with Dugger having to sink or swim?

My thoughts are that if Gilmore can at least somewhat contain Waller (who is, of course, a converted WR) without requiring a double or bracket coverage, could realy enable the Pats to clamp down on the run while also having something of an answer for Waller. The Raiders would try combatting that by lining up tight and trying to run right at Gilmore with Waller blocking. He's not a great run blocker but should be able to handle a corner.

Could be an interesting chess match, imo, but don't know if that's a realistic scenario. Just a thought.. I know sometimes BB goes outside the box.

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ignore him, one of our biggest homers and Carr Knights throughout the years. Carr is playing very good right now but that guy defended Carr every single play from 2017-2019 when he was playing mostly like trash. 

Almost every fan base has these types. 

98% of Raven fans on here are basically all these types. Pre-Dating the 2019 season. 

Ah, OK. 

I did think that was out of character for Raider fans, who are amongst the best on here! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

How do you guys think the Pats approach Waller? Any chance they try using Gilmore there? There isn't really a natural guy for Gilmore to be following around for the Raiders. Don't think it makes a lot of sense to slap him on Ruggs... and Edwards hasn't shown the need for any special treatment. Or do you think they'll just bracket/double him with Dugger having to sink or swim?

My thoughts are that if Gilmore can at least somewhat contain Waller (who is, of course, a converted WR) without requiring a double or bracket coverage, could realy enable the Pats to clamp down on the run while also having something of an answer for Waller. The Raiders would try combatting that by lining up tight and trying to run right at Gilmore with Waller blocking. He's not a great run blocker but should be able to handle a corner.

Could be an interesting chess match, imo, but don't know if that's a realistic scenario. Just a thought.. I know sometimes BB goes outside the box.

If I'm guessing (because that's all we can do with BB....) it's a bit of Dugger on him, a bit of Williams, and if Waller is wide...some Gilmore/Jackson. 

The issue with TEs like that, is where are they? It's like how we used Gronk at his peak, you can pick who you want covering him a lot of the time with how you use formation. They could come out in 11 or 10, for example, and force a LB/S to cover him. 

• Like 1

S&BP: Finish this sentence: The Patriots will win this game unless _________.
PP: … the Raiders can do what the Seahawks did last week: consistently move the football against the Patriots’ defense.

How did they do it, you may ask? New England played more zone defense than usual to account for Russell Wilson’s abilities as a scrambler. The expectation is that they will go back to more man-based coverage concepts this week, and Las Vegas’ pass-catchers simply have to win their one-on-ones if they find them.

That might be easiest underneath, though. While challenging the secondary is a dangerous plan — yes, Wilson threw five touchdowns but he is a top-three quarterback in the NFL and has a terrific supporting cast — New England’s linebackers and “star” safety Adrian Phillips have shown some inconsistencies when it comes to manning their zones. If the Raiders can attack those by incorporating crossing partners and challenging New England horizontally rather than virtually, they increase their chance of winning.

Likewise, if the Patriots cannot defend those, there is a realistic chance they will not win.

Patriots injury report: DID NOT PARTICIPATE -- C David Andrews (hand), RB James White (not injury related); LIMITED PARTICIPATION -- DT Adam Butler (shoulder), LB Brandon Copeland (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle), WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N'Keal Harry (ankle), LB Josh Uche (foot).

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Patriots injury report: DID NOT PARTICIPATE -- C David Andrews (hand), RB James White (not injury related); LIMITED PARTICIPATION -- DT Adam Butler (shoulder), LB Brandon Copeland (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle), WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N'Keal Harry (ankle), LB Josh Uche (foot).

Well ****