Gruden & Raiders fined for failing to wear masks properly

RaidersAreOne

It's time for Mike Mayock to set the tone and show if he is a serious GM or just an evaluator. Jon Gruden has demonstrated that he lacks discipline and a regard to security repeatedly (failure to follow basic league rules for COVID, having our draft board on camera during the draft). If Jason Witten didn't have his mask on at the event, Mike Mayock should cut him. Witten is there as a Gruden guy, so action against Witten is a warning to Gruden to get his stuff together. Witten is also there as a leader and example to younger players on how to act and to take accountability -- and being cut would emphasize those values to the team given he (and others, but you only need a spanking not a beating) hasn't demonstrated the seriousness with great example. If we keep failing to follow basic guidelines and have a screw-it-that's-not-football attitude, then we lack discipline. Both football and just general discipline. We don't want "it" enough to succeed and our lack of discipline will eventually end up with loss of draft picks which is absolutely unacceptable. We just played the Patriots last week and Cam Newton tested positive today. Us playing a game (and season) is on the line as well as player and staff health. How can any one of you criticize Trent Brown for not playing, while supporting a coach that is showing such recklessness in guiding a young team that he puts our entire teams ability to play on the line. This is garbage and I hope Mayock does something, give a spanking by cutting a respected player that messed up and give guidance that discipline and adherence to rules is a priority.  Fines aren't enough from the league, we need to internally take control if this team is to ever reach a championship. Gruden got 100k fine for his mask, but makes 10mil a year he got the equivalent of a speeding ticket. That won't correct our ship, messages need to be sent. That said if Witten wore his mask like Waller reportedly did, obviously this post is irrelevant other than our team needs to get it together and show some give a damn.

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, G said:

WOW Sunday Night Football forced to wear masks. Time to take Cali back!

It might be because of the horrid air quality cause of wildfires. In that case, have no issue. 

If they are doing it as a political stunt due to covid, yikes. These players test every day of practice and before games.

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It might be because of the horrid air quality cause of wildfires. In that case, have no issue. 

If they are doing it as a political stunt due to covid, yikes. These players test every day of practice and before games.

Santa Clara told them they have to wear it on air. Chris and Al aren't near anyone else...COMPLIANCE!!!!  

I know it's Santa Clara because they said so on air. 

Edited by G

Just now, G said:

Santa Clara told them they have to wear it on air. Chris and Al aren't near anyone else...COMPLIANCE!!!!  

It’s amazing how California has become nothing but a political shill. Most corrupt politics of any state by far. Actually been debating with the misses moving out of state. 

California made double more revenue than any state last year, yet it still has the biggest homeless problem, biggest poverty problem, biggest drug problem, biggest affordability problem, biggest crime problem, biggest water problem, and biggest air problem. Why? Because the politicians pocket all the money, most corrupt politics by far. 

California has had a mass exodus for seven years, and more people have moved this year than any year. And this year you got Elon Musk and Joe Rogan leaving and taking their millions and millions of tax revenue for California with them. Why? Cause California has been running its state completely into the ground out of corruption. 

The mask stuff will all subside after the election, regardless of who the victor is, but it won’t change the fact California is massively corrupt and being further run into the ground every single year. 

Anyways, gonna stop before we get banned for politics. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It’s amazing how California has become nothing but a political shill. Most corrupt politics of any state by far. Actually been debating with the misses moving out of state. 

California made double more revenue than any state last year, yet it still has the biggest homeless problem, biggest poverty problem, biggest drug problem, biggest affordability problem, biggest crime problem, biggest water problem, and biggest air problem. Why? Because the politicians pocket all the money, most corrupt politics by far. 

California has had a mass exodus for seven years, and more people have moved this year than any year. And this year you got Elon Musk and Joe Rogan leaving and taking their millions and millions of tax revenue for California with them. Why? Cause California has been running its state completely into the ground out of corruption. 

The mask stuff will all subside after the election, regardless of who the victor is, but it won’t change the fact California is massively corrupt and being further run into the ground every single year. 

Anyways, gonna stop before we get banned for politics. 

100% agree and won't take it to politics. Also looking at getting out of Cali and I hope after elections the mask thing relaxes and things open up but how can they? It'll be bad optics to do 'whatever it takes' regardless if they get the outcome they desire. I've left before, my sister just left for Florida and working on my Mom and my Dad (not together) that they need to go! Why give this state money when they can keep more of it in their pockets in most other states. I'm almost debt free and single so there are lots of options even outside of the US. Cali thinks it's farts don't stink but they just can't smell the 'smug' because of all the smoke. LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G said:

100% agree and won't take it to politics. Also looking at getting out of Cali and I hope after elections the mask thing relaxes and things open up but how can they? It'll be bad optics to do 'whatever it takes' regardless if they get the outcome they desire. I've left before, my sister just left for Florida and working on my Mom and my Dad (not together) that they need to go! Why give this state money when they can keep more of it in their pockets in most other states. I'm almost debt free and single so there are lots of options even outside of the US. Cali thinks it's farts don't stink but they just can't smell the 'smug' because of all the smoke. LOL

I’m out of likes today otherwise I’d like this post, but yes California is nothing but a mirage. And they are going to crumble in the next decade and be like “what happened?”. 

I heard Texas is becoming the next California, economy wise. Especially the Austin area. I’ve been researching into it. Definitely wanna stay west/central not east. 

• Like 1