Week 3 GDT: Raiders (2-0) @ Patriots (1-1)

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Cam can't throw so just crowd the line and let Cam try to beat you through the air.

Through two weeks only Jared Goff (100% catchable deep-ball rate) and Russell Wilson (83%) have been more accurate than Newton (80%) when throwing 20-plus yards downfield.

Meanwhile, none of our RBs could get any yards on the ground.

What on earth are you talking about? 

We won't be able to defend the run, go with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Through two weeks only Jared Goff (100% catchable deep-ball rate) and Russell Wilson (83%) have been more accurate than Newton (80%) when throwing 20-plus yards downfield.

Watch the games, he's not that good.

14 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Unlike you I do watch the games, being a NE fan.

I literally just sent you evidence that he can throw. You said he can't throw - watch and admit you're wrong. 

If you don't want to watch that, here's some stats...

9th in Average Completed Air Yards

6th in Longest Completed Air Distance

8th in Passing Yards (well above Mahomes, Watson, Ben....)

7th in Completion %

Can't throw?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Nope, but he’s better than Teddy and the husk of Drew Brees. A Cam at 80% capability is still enough to trash the Raiders ragtag defense. 

I want the Raiders to win on Sunday, it’d go a long way in establishing legitimacy for them going forward. It’s hard to see it though, they’ll have to be unpredictable on offense and stout against that battering Ram that is Cam. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I literally just sent you evidence that he can throw. You said he can't throw - watch and admit you're wrong. 

7th in Completion %

Can't throw?

there's a difference between scheming a player open on a 1 read pass play and reading the defense and throwing the ball.

32 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

So far Cam is seeing a resurgence in New England, the line is giving him all the time he needs and the offense is catered to his strengths. But at the end of the day nothing anyone says will change their perception of Cam, people will just have to see him play.

You're right the offense is to his strength and he has showed he can win with that offense but he is an unorthodox QB, passing will never be a strong suit.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

7th in Completion %

Can't throw?

I personally think he has looked very good. His arm will cause us problems but his legs will cause even more imo. We gave Teddy too many opportunities to tuck it and run and Cam is a much better scrambler than he is. If you have him in FF you better start him Sunday.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

7th in Completion %

Can't throw?

So far so good, but Cam is who he's always been.  He's had multiple seasons like this where he starts off fast and then fades typically due to injury. You'll be lucky if he's still playing when it gets cold in New England.

3 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

So far Cam is seeing a resurgence in New England, the line is giving him all the time he needs and the offense is catered to his strengths. But at the end of the day nothing anyone says will change their perception of Cam, people will just have to see him play.

To be fair, the coaching in New England looks to be getting the best out of Newton, its been fascinating for me to watch. He seems to be concentrating more, playing within the system as opposed to just freelancing it and focused on the accuracy and looks a better passer than he was in Carolina. He's still obviously a major threat to run and he's plenty good enough to wreck a team like the Raiders who've always had a hard time defending mobile and scrambling QBs. 

This is the acid test for a young but still developing Raiders team and would be a real benchmark win but I think Edelman and the stable of backs are very easy to underestimate and the Pats will be just clever and streetwise enough to win a close one, our defence letting us down.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Its been very impressive how the NE offence has been totally catered to Newton even after he signed almost as an afterthought very late in FA. Do you think the Belichick master plan was to always go after Newton in FA or did he just fall into Bill's lap and then he had to scramble around revising his schemes?