Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dcat

Herndon is doomed under Gase

Recommended Posts

Case in point: Mike Gesicki

Stats at Penn State (2014-17):  129 catches, 1,481 yards, 15 TDs, 11.5 yards per catch in 45 games

Stats as a rookie, with Adam Gase as HC (2018):  22 catches, 202 yards, 0 TDs, 9.2 yards per catch in 16 games (7 starts)

Stats 2019-present:  62 catches, 730 yards, 6 TDs, 11.8 yards per catch in 18 games (7 starts)

 

The far more tragic issue is that Darnold is doomed under gase as well.  We will never know if he could have been good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah maybe, but you can’t blame the coach when you’re dropping great passes in the end zone when your team desperately needs a score or fumbling when the game is still in reach against the bills. Herndon underperforming this year is 100% self inflicted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ekill08x said:

Yeah maybe, but you can’t blame the coach when you’re dropping great passes in the end zone when your team desperately needs a score or fumbling when the game is still in reach against the bills. Herndon underperforming this year is 100% self inflicted. 

The guy had one target on a bubble screen the entire first half, with Hogan primarily as the #1 WR. He's blocking on 35% of passing opportunities (Highest among starting TEs), and only playing 74% of the overall snaps. With our current stable of 'weapons', Gases refusal to use Herndon as a primary receiver is simply mindboggling.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

The guy had one target on a bubble screen the entire first half, with Hogan primarily as the #1 WR. He's blocking on 35% of passing opportunities (Highest among starting TEs), and only playing 74% of the overall snaps. With our current stable of 'weapons', Gases refusal to use Herndon as a primary receiver is simply mindboggling.  

And it's not like he's using Ryan Griffin either, unless he is still injured (?).  And last year was evidence that Darnold could click with TE when he and Griffin connected for a little while there. Gase doesn't use TEs as offnsive weapons.  I have no idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dcat said:

And it's not like he's using Ryan Griffin either, unless he is still injured (?).  And last year was evidence that Darnold could click with TE when he and Griffin connected for a little while there. Gase doesn't use TEs as offnsive weapons.  I have no idea why.

It’s awful. Especially when out OT play has been good. So the need to stay in and clock isn’t there as much. We were worse off the last 2 years at OT and threw to them more. So it makes no sense. But that sums up Gase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used 2 TE sets quite a bit against SF.  Problem was they blocked more then they ran routes.  Just atrocious coaching.

I hope we fire him ASAP.  If anyone deserves a banner plane it's Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dcat said:

And it's not like he's using Ryan Griffin either, unless he is still injured (?).  And last year was evidence that Darnold could click with TE when he and Griffin connected for a little while there. Gase doesn't use TEs as offnsive weapons.  I have no idea why.

Yep, that's what's so frustrating. His 'offense' doesn't utilize the position, even if that means ignoring the two best receiving options available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Yep, that's what's so frustrating. His 'offense' doesn't utilize the position, even if that means ignoring the two best receiving options available.  

Exactly.

Gase logic.... the OT play is better and we have awful weapons. So let me keep my 2 TEs who are weapons in to help the OTs block, so my off the street WRs can run awful routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody is doomed by Gase

Look at even Tannehill and Devante Parker post Gase

Edited by Abe56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah maybe, but you can’t blame the coach when you’re dropping great passes in the end zone when your team desperately needs a score or fumbling when the game is still in reach against the bills. Herndon underperforming this year is 100% self inflicted. 

I wouldn't say 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Everybody is doomed by Gase

Look at even Tannehill and Devante Parker post Gase

Kenyan Drake + 20 more players

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I wouldn't say 100%

Touche. Maybe not 100% but Herndon hasnt done himself any favors either. I'm an accountability guy. I can't just blame the coach on everything. I am disappointed in Herndon so far. Is Gase helping, absolutely not. The good news is that there is 14 weeks left but its time to start showing up and making plays. 95% of the team lost that game before stepping onto the field on Sunday. Almost nobody wanted to play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...