Herndon is doomed under Gase

dcat

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Touche. Maybe not 100% but Herndon hasnt done himself any favors either. I'm an accountability guy. I can't just blame the coach on everything. I am disappointed in Herndon so far. Is Gase helping, absolutely not. The good news is that there is 14 weeks left but its time to start showing up and making plays. 95% of the team lost that game before stepping onto the field on Sunday. Almost nobody wanted to play. 

Agreed. Some on here were anointing him in with names like Kelce, Kittle, Waller and such already. Where I need to see more to even say he's good. Neverminded great. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. Some on here were anointing him in with names like Kelce, Kittle, Waller and such already. Where I need to see more to even say he's good. Neverminded great. 

Yeah as Jets fans we tend to get over excited when guys look even above average. Herndon can play and I do have faith in him but not the start we had hoped for at all. 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:14 PM, Abe56 said:

Everybody is doomed by Gase

Look at even Tannehill and Devante Parker post Gase

Yea, Tannehill, is a whole different player since he has been with  the Titans, that doesn't bode well for Gase. Sure our WR's are second tier players, but his dink & dunk offensive is driving all of us crazy. I don't understand how anybody thinks Gase is some kind of offensive genius?? He sure didn't show he was this genius when he was with Miami. I just don't think the trust fund kids Chris & Woody will fire him during this current season. END OF THE FIRST RANT OF THE DAY

Edited by doumeyer

Did you guys now that when the Jets where 4th and 1 and Sam wanted to audible out of the run to a pass he was not allowed too. Gase told him he makes the play calls not Sam. There was  like 11 guys in the box. That would have been a great time for Sam to say F U and hit a go for a short pass. 

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Did you guys now that when the Jets where 4th and 1 and Sam wanted to audible out of the run to a pass he was not allowed too. Gase told him he makes the play calls not Sam. There was  like 11 guys in the box. That would have been a great time for Sam to say F U and hit a go for a short pass. 

This incident was the final nail in Gase's coffin for me.

It proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that gase is awful and must be shown the door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

That’s awful. How do you go from giving Manning 3 plays and letting him decide to not even letting Sam audible? Every QB should be allowed to audible, because they have the latest information on how the D is going to play on the snap. Gase is calling plays before the D lines up.

I was mad when I read  that Sam does not have the right to audible out. Once more information starts to leak out of that locker room Johnson will have no choice but to fire him soon. I just hope we don't win this game  against the Colts and buys Gase another 3 or 4 games. the faster we move on the better. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

While we all think it's ridiculous Gase is doing that, I think this shows that Sam is not the guy.  If you are a leader and a winner you would be going against your coach at that point in time because you know he's wrong and you also believe in yourself.  I thought Sam's personality was great for NY, but he's too laid back and doesn't take charge.  We need an alpha at QB if we ever want success.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

While we all think it's ridiculous Gase is doing that, I think this shows that Sam is not the guy.  If you are a leader and a winner you would be going against your coach at that point in time because you know he's wrong and you also believe in yourself.  I thought Sam's personality was great for NY, but he's too laid back and doesn't take charge.  We need an alpha at QB if we ever want success.

I agree!!! That was his chance to step up and be the leader of this team. 

58 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't agree with this. That freedom to do what you want normally comes in 2 ways. 

1. The HC/OC gives you the freedom to do that. (this is what should be done and allowed by Gase).

2. The QB is a proven talent that isn't scared to make changes. (Sam is only 23 and hasn't played well enough to know his job long term is secure). So he doesn't have that idgaf attitude, bc he hasn't earned it "yet."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't agree with this. That freedom to do what you want normally comes in 2 ways. 

1. The HC/OC gives you the freedom to do that. (this is what should be done and allowed by Gase).

2. The QB is a proven talent that isn't scared to make changes. (Sam is only 23 and hasn't played well enough to know his job long term is secure). So he doesn't have that idgaf attitude, bc he hasn't earned it "yet."

It's one play. It's not like he's going against the whole game plan.  If he sees something that puts his team in a better chance to win then he should be doing it.  Gase doesn't have the track record.  If this is Belichick, Payton, McVay, Carroll, etc then yes you listen.  But Gase sucks so Sam should take charge.  Sam was quiet last season about the offense until someone asked him.  Sam needs to talk with Gase and not just sit back and let his coach ruin him.

12 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It's one play. It's not like he's going against the whole game plan.  If he sees something that puts his team in a better chance to win then he should be doing it.  Gase doesn't have the track record.  If this is Belichick, Payton, McVay, Carroll, etc then yes you listen.  But Gase sucks so Sam should take charge.  Sam was quiet last season about the offense until someone asked him.  Sam needs to talk with Gase and not just sit back and let his coach ruin him.

Yes he should have that freedom. But thats on Gase not Darnold.

• Like 1

As I have mentioned before, gase is just petty enough and so full of himself that any attempt to disregard his orders will result in gase running to Chrissy saying he can't win with an insubordinate QB.  The results would most likely be a game or two benching and/or admonishment from gase and/or JD as Chrissy's behest.

Sometimes it is just better to follow along and give gase enough rope to hang himself.   No matter how painful that may be.