Week 3: San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants

Acgott

Seriously though, its time I find better things to do with my Sundays. Not just for this year, but for years going forward. We've sucked for a long time now, and I've been hoping for a turnaround for years now. It isn't coming. I'll take up a different hobby, or just work even more on Sundays than I am now, until the Giants can field an even somewhat competitive team. I won't lose any sleep missing even "decent" games until they get there. 

The Jets are going to fire Adam Gase, and he was 7-9 last year. What I would do for a goddamn 7 win season. 

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Seriously though, its time I find better things to do with my Sundays. Not just for this year, but for years going forward. We've sucked for a long time now, and I've been hoping for a turnaround for years now. It isn't coming. I'll take up a different hobby, or just work even more on Sundays than I am now, until the Giants can field an even somewhat competitive team. I won't lose any sleep missing even "decent" games until they get there. 

The Jets are going to fire Adam Gase, and he was 7-9 last year. What I would do for a goddamn 7 win season. 

Just move to the west coast. Game is over by 1, still have a full day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Just move to the west coast. Game is over by 1, still have a full day.

I lived in Colorado for a few years when I was in the Army and it was so awesome the early games started at 11am. Could actually watch all the prime time games in full without being the walking dead the next morning.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Seriously though, its time I find better things to do with my Sundays. Not just for this year, but for years going forward.

This was going to be a lost year any way before we all saw just how much we suck.  3/5 of the offensive line is new. We lost our 2nd and 3rd starting CB before the season even began and our highly talented 2nd round draft pick has not played a down yet due to injury. Plus we still do not have a true dominant pass rusher on this team. I  believe Judge and the next GM will at least get the offensive line fixed next year to put us back in the 8-8 range. Hopefully in two season we will be a playoff contender again.

• Like 1

My interest in this team just dissipates as each year passes. Over past two or three seasons Ive just been watching red zone now.

Looking back on it, trading Odell is the best thing that could’ve happened for him. I wouldn’t want him to be in this miserable and hopeless organisation. It’d drive him insane. So well done DG on making such a selfless and considerate decision. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on yesterday...

We suck. Plain and simple. This team is so bad im not even able to string together the words for how awful. I had hopes for this team to show us flashes... albeit small ones. Im not seeing them. I never wanna trash talk my own team but it was pitiful what we saw yesterday. The team honestly quit in parts of that game yesterday. That TD by Wilson with nobody touching him was enough to show the players packed it in.

Daniel Jones clearly isn't ready to be a full time starter in this league. He is thrust into a situation where he's just not showing enough consistency to win. The turnovers are just crippling to this team. You don't win many football games when you giving the other team the ball in your own end of the field and then they go and cash in on it. If there is any player im truly disappointed in on this squad its him. He's already got a bullseye on his back at this moment in time to show he's a viable starting QB in the NFL. And no im not jumping the gun with him because typically u wanna see bits and pieces of stardom from your QB and I've just not seen them or enough of them. Between him and Dwayne Haskins from that draft class, they are looking like busts at this point.

Defense flat out sucks. The secondary is getting burned more than Snoop smoking up some Js'. And that being because the front 7 cant generate even 1 ounce of pressure. For all that size they have... that's all. They have size. The sacks they are getting so far are honestly just other teams offenses either having a lapse on the oline or the secondary has had such pristine coverage downfield they are getting ample time to get after the qb. There is no push whatsoever up front at all. They get tossed around way too often and its just awful. James Bradberry has been by far the best of the bunch of the entire defense. He has a shot at being our 1 and only pro bowl representative at this moment in time. The defensive line I see out there I can truly see before seasons end some of them either being traded for more draft picks (and yes being because DG is getting a pink slip this season) or after its over being let go to FA.

Offensive line. After Daniel Jones, this is the 2nd person / group I have the highest disappointment in. Will Hernandez and Kevin Zeitler have regressed. Im sorry but its on the guards to road grade and create running lanes and neither one of them has show they can get it done. Cam Fleming is our new turnstyle for offensive tackle. And Andrew Thomas has made some mistakes but he is showing he can correct them. Nick Gates is not a center. Plain and simple. I was very upset in this past draft for them to pass on Tyler Biadasz who ended up with the Cowboys. And wouldn't u know it.. He's now their starter. Marc Columbo I really thought would be the right guy for this group to get them to play at an elite level and im just not seeing it. The run blocking has been a disgrace to say the least. Barry Sanders couldn't even run behind this train wreck.

In final we have 13 games left before someone else comes in to dismantle the Dave Gettleman experiment. I wanna believe we have a better go of things in the next month / month and a half.. but im being real, we just don't have the ability and / or personnel to right this ship.

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Honestly, if we somehow suck enough to be #1 pick and DG gets fired(or not) we have to seriously consider taking Trevor Lawrence. Funny how Jets and Giants are gonna be battling for #1 pick and may have to battle for Lawrence. 

Forget consider. He is going to be the #1 pick. Guys like him are a 1 in 15 yr type. I can easily see us going after him if we get the #1.